• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is it a fake?

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WHAT REAL GENTLEMEN AND TRUE PIMPS WEAR
LOL yeah, it looks like the closeup pics in this guy's auctions are not accurate. the full-body pic might be of the actual item. check out the auction for the 17" shirt - it's the same guy, but now he's swimming in the big collar...funny.

Styleman

In Time Out
Reaction score
WHAT REAL GENTLEMEN AND TRUE PIMPS WEAR
LOL yeah, it looks like the closeup pics in this guy's auctions are not accurate. the full-body pic might be of the actual item. check out the auction for the 17" shirt - it's the same guy, but now he's swimming in the big collar...funny.

tsloop

Reaction score
I was looking at these same auctions and wondering the same thing. The guy has a bunch of thomas pink shirts up right now and I like a couple of the shirts so I might get one or two cause it is only $30.

kidkim2

Reaction score
Styleman--

I can't put it in words, but to me this sale emits a strong aroma of snake oil. . . .

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How could we say by just seeing the price?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've purchased items from this vendor before with success. I ordered one of these shirts, and will post my feedback when I get it.

Styleman

In Time Out
Reaction score
How could we say by just seeing the price?
Becasue it is so cheap. I did not say look only at the price. Ernest, you seem to only hang around in the clothing forum, please look at this thread, your comments will be greatly valued : HERE

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 03 Sep. 2004, 10:41) How could we say by just seeing the price?
Becasue it is so cheap. I did not say look only at the price. Ernest, you seem to only hang around in the clothing forum, please look at this thread, your comments will be greatly valued : HERE
You said : see only price 30 USD for a Pink is not so cheap. And this is the starting price of an auction. Do you know what it means? I want to talk about clothes, not chat about life as my english is not good enough and I can do that on french forums. There is no french forum about clothes.

Styleman

In Time Out
Reaction score
(ernest @ 03 Sep. 2004, 11:01) quote=ernest,03 Sep. 2004, 10:41]How could we say by just seeing the price?
You said : see only price 30 USD for a Pink is not so cheap. And this is the starting price of an auction. Do you know what it means? I want to talk about clothes, not chat about life as my english is not good enough and I can do that on french forums. There is no french forum about clothes.
Yes I do know what starting price means, it may be $30 starting, but buy it now is also only $40. Where are you getting Pink shirts for less than $30? I will not argue a stupid point with you; I did not say "only see the price", I said "Just see the price" as in, if I were to say "Just see the price for one".

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote (ernest @ 03 Sep. 2004, 11:01) quote=ernest,03 Sep. 2004, 10:41]How could we say by just seeing the price?
Yes I do know what starting price means, it may be $30 starting, but buy it now is also only $40. Where are you getting Pink shirts for less than $30? I will not argue a stupid point with you; I did not say "only see the price", I said "Just see the price" as in, if I were to say "Just see the price for one".[/quote] And why did you said to see the price? It was not enough cheap that we notice it byourself?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting Pink shirts for less than $30?
Not for less than 30USD but for 40USD

Where? On ebay

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.