1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Is it a fake?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Styleman, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

2. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

I might have gone crazy, but the picture of the tag says it is a 16" collar, but the auction is for a 14".

3. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

[​IMG] LOL yeah, it looks like the closeup pics in this guy's auctions are not accurate. the full-body pic might be of the actual item. check out the auction for the 17" shirt - it's the same guy, but now he's swimming in the big collar...funny.

4. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

WHAT REAL GENTLEMEN AND TRUE PIMPS WEAR
    [​IMG] LOL yeah, it looks like the closeup pics in this guy's auctions are not accurate. the full-body pic might be of the actual item. check out the auction for the 17" shirt - it's the same guy, but now he's swimming in the big collar...funny.

5. tsloop

tsloop Senior member

I was looking at these same auctions and wondering the same thing. The guy has a bunch of thomas pink shirts up right now and I like a couple of the shirts so I might get one or two cause it is only $30.

6. kidkim2

kidkim2 Senior member

Styleman--

I can't put it in words, but to me this sale emits a strong aroma of snake oil. . . .

7. ernest

ernest Senior member

How could we say by just seeing the price?

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I've purchased items from this vendor before with success. I ordered one of these shirts, and will post my feedback when I get it.

9. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

Becasue it is so cheap. I did not say look only at the price. Ernest, you seem to only hang around in the clothing forum, please look at this thread, your comments will be greatly valued : HERE

10. ernest

ernest Senior member

(ernest @ 03 Sep. 2004, 10:41) How could we say by just seeing the price?
    Becasue it is so cheap. I did not say look only at the price. Ernest, you seem to only hang around in the clothing forum, please look at this thread, your comments will be greatly valued : HERE
    You said : see only price 30 USD for a Pink is not so cheap. And this is the starting price of an auction. Do you know what it means? I want to talk about clothes, not chat about life as my english is not good enough and I can do that on french forums. There is no french forum about clothes.

11. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

(ernest @ 03 Sep. 2004, 11:01) quote=ernest,03 Sep. 2004, 10:41]How could we say by just seeing the price?
    You said : see only price 30 USD for a Pink is not so cheap. And this is the starting price of an auction. Do you know what it means? I want to talk about clothes, not chat about life as my english is not good enough and I can do that on french forums. There is no french forum about clothes.
    Yes I do know what starting price means, it may be $30 starting, but buy it now is also only $40. Where are you getting Pink shirts for less than $30? I will not argue a stupid point with you; I did not say "only see the price", I said "Just see the price" as in, if I were to say "Just see the price for one".

12. ernest

ernest Senior member

Quote (ernest @ 03 Sep. 2004, 11:01) quote=ernest,03 Sep. 2004, 10:41]How could we say by just seeing the price?
    Yes I do know what starting price means, it may be $30 starting, but buy it now is also only $40. Where are you getting Pink shirts for less than $30? I will not argue a stupid point with you; I did not say "only see the price", I said "Just see the price" as in, if I were to say "Just see the price for one".[/quote] And why did you said to see the price? It was not enough cheap that we notice it byourself?

13. ernest

ernest Senior member

Not for less than 30USD but for 40USD

Where? On ebay