• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

is econometrics the hardest undergrad class i will ever take?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was the hardest I took. I had no idea what was going on. Heteroskedasticity ******. I think I ended up getting a B-, or maybe even a C+?

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I think the question was about econometrics, not analysis.

Oops, thought your comments was in relation to analysis.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For some reason, I always wanted to take econometrics in college. After reading the first page of this thread, thank god I didn't

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
The hardest class you will take will be an 8 am on either Monday morning or whatever morning is after $2 pitcher & $1 shooter night.

The professionals build their class schedule around specials nights at the bars

K

Mine was Latin. 8 AM Monday through Friday. I think the second semester, once I realized I was transferring anyway, I only went to Latin on the first day and the final. My professor laughed when she saw me walk through the door for the final.
confused.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Depends on what you are majoring in. If its economics (and I am assuming it is if you are taking econometrics), chances are no, it won't be the hardest undergraduate class you take.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Mine was Latin. 8 AM Monday through Friday. I think the second semester, once I realized I was transferring anyway, I only went to Latin on the first day and the final. My professor laughed when she saw me walk through the door for the final.
confused.gif

I gave up Latin after high school. Realized that knowing a dead language wasnt going to get me chicks or money. Instead I majored in partying like a rock star and minored in business.

K

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Organic was pretty easy for me, but I had a very solid grounding in physics when I took organic. Numerical analysis is just math with a computer, and thus, easy. All my math classes were pretty easy actually. I never took econometrics so I have no idea about that.

My worst class was sociology 101. Probably 75% of the class was pure BS. I got real good at searching for research literature (that was newer than the crap he was throwing out), and citing those articles on the exams to spite the professor. In return, he gave me a solid C+.

millionaire75

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
hmm thats true. i took intro chem and bio and promptly decided premed was not for me. i have heard stories about orgo.

Same here. I dropped pre-med after taking orgo. I'm now a CPA.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Combinatorics in the computer science track. Ugh. That was the hardest. My worst grade? Psych 101.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Econometrics is only difficult because they have all those funny names that you have to remember. The math itself is fairly simple.

Now, particle dynamics, fluid dynamics, and frankly, anything with "dynamics" in it--that's a whole different level of ****.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't think metrics was so bad (altough it was a year ago and I already remember little) but it can also depend on how theoretical you get. I was much better with the with the more practical questions and STATA work than proving ****...

As for difficulty, I'm not sure. I know that lots of people find it hard but it wasn't the ass-**** session that people make it out to be. Going by grades (a bad measure though...) my hardest class was "Population and the Economy" as taught by a very old nobel prize winner. It was very interesting and most of the concepts weren't hard, but there was a ton of reading and instead of testing concepts, the exams liked to ask specific questions about what author-X wrote (despite the fact that the lectures were all about concepts).

I withdrew from a math class once but I don't know that it was harder than metrics. More like a a combination of awful professor, awful textbook, and the fact that I changed from pysics to econ and the class was no longer requried (and when I covered the material in other classes it was fine).

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Y'allz is some smart F***ers. Or maybe you just took state-school econometrics.
laugh.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Econometrics is only difficult because they have all those funny names that you have to remember. The math itself is fairly simple.

Now, particle dynamics, fluid dynamics, and frankly, anything with "dynamics" in it--that's a whole different level of ****.

Agreed on both points. It never ceases to amaze me how much **** engineering, and to a similar degree, pre-med majors have to go through.

Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Y'allz is some smart F***ers. Or maybe you just took state-school econometrics.
laugh.gif

On the Internetz everyone has 145 IQ and 10" dick, did you forget?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads