• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is calvin klein collection higher end then normal Calvin Klein

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a few pieces of knitwear by calvin klein collection today at an outlet and I didn't know if it is the same as regular calvin klein. It was priced the same as the other calvin klein pieces from lines like CK and calvin klein jeans so I didn't buy any of it, but I remember reading somewhere that it is designed by someone different and higher quality or something. Anyone know about the line?

nohomo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
I saw a few pieces of knitwear by calvin klein collection today at an outlet and I didn't know if it is the same as regular calvin klein. It was priced the same as the other calvin klein pieces from lines like CK and calvin klein jeans so I didn't buy any of it, but I remember reading somewhere that it is designed by someone different and higher quality or something. Anyone know about the line?

Collection is much higher than regular CK. They're all owned by Van Heusen btw.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How desirable it is depends on the age, but all CK Collection is higher than regular CK. Current Collection is designed by Italo Zucchelli and is great; top tier in line with Prada, Dior, etc.

Older Collection was made by Gruppo GFT and was a mid-range, so-so sort of line... (at least the "white label" Collection).

I'd pick the stuff up, if I were you. If it's cheap and in a size 48IT or 46, I might take some off your hands. I love Collection.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it has the black tag does that mean its not from the older collection?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
If it has the black tag does that mean its not from the older collection?
Probably from the runway line. I'd say it's probably good stuff. If the sizes are in the SF wearable range (probably smaller sizes like Small or Medium ((IT 44-48, US 36R-38R)) and the prices are cheap, I'd say you could probably sell them easily, assuming you were doing this more as a service to cover costs than as a money making scheme.
smile.gif
It tends to have very poor resale value, so if you don't like the stuff and don't want to try to pass it on to others here as a nice-guy gesture... then it probably isn't worth it to buy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads