Is black suit an acceptable business attire?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Asleep.

This is clearly a lesson to me to stay glued to the site 24/7, constantly hitting refresh.

2. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

Maybe the dramaometer needs an 11.

3. uriahheep

uriahheep Senior member

For a little added (but somewhat sophomoric) fun you could always do this: Mine: 8=================================> Yours: 8--> [​IMG]

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

5. uriahheep

uriahheep Senior member

Nevermind - now I can see it. And...oh yeah, double ouch. That poor fellow's probably not going to need a vasectomy. [​IMG]

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

That special olympics pic hasn't been brought out yet

7. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

Oh. Now I get it. Manton's wine book is 58 bucks and it comes with bourbon served by the Trim Spa doll.

8. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Fun though it is, I think it's a little overdone. Â [​IMG]

9. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

The only thing I wish about this thread is that Dr. Bresch would pop back in. I hope there are no hard feelings. Alias, you are taking this far too seriously. I don't dislike Dr. Bresch at all, though I think his comments in this thread were kind of ridiculous, but who knows, maybe it was grand satire and most of us were taken? In any case, I hope he doesn't feel unwelcome.

Back to the fun.

10. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Can you find an alleged bourbon not made in Kentucky that says Bourbon on the label? Â Can ya? Huh? Huh? Can ya? Â Can't can you.?.?.
    umm... Virginia Gentleman Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Â Distilled in Fredericksburg, Virginia. the following quote is from:http://www.ellenjaye.com/va_gentleman.htm
    Ok, well crap - but does the label say bourbon? I want to see the label, show me the label or admit defeat. (I'm losing this one badly but damn your facts Cusey, they are screwing up my incorrect assumptions) My favorites... Blanton's reserve and Old Weller. If you like Maker's Mark you should try Weller - they are both a slightly different character than most bourbons because they use wheat in the mash so are a little sweeter. I'm outta both but this discussion has me ready to raid the Knob Creek... also good. BRB

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

(drizzt3117 @ Feb. 10 2005,18:15) That special olympics pic hasn't been brought out yet
    Fun though it is, I think it's a little overdone. [​IMG]
    My point is that you can't have a real internet argument without that pic [​IMG] lol it even got brought out in the grayson thread.

12. shoefan

shoefan Senior member

Alias: Although I am reluctant to do so (truly), I feel compelled to respond to your post. You have repeatedly complained about content, the tone, and the direction of this thread and about the comportment of its participants. Fair enough, despite the obvious interest that many others seem to have taken. Then, however, you decide to label Horace and me members of the peanut gallery; I surmise that you somehow take umbrage at the compliments that I gave Manton. I consider your comments an insult, and I assume they were intended as such (I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong). So, he who objected to the insults and (in your view) rude behaviour is suddenly jumping in and throwing insults around. What hypocracy. For the record, I am not part of any Bresch hating cabal or conspiracy. I have only, as I recall, criticized him once, in the thread in which he insisted that the definition of quality includes price; not only did I argue that he was in error, but also (again, as I recall) that his behavior was ill-mannered. I still believe both of my statements to have been correct. As to my opinion more broadly about Dr. Bresch, I shall withhold comment, as I always have. Furthermore, I have endeavored in this thread to add value by trying to determine what Dr. Bresch actually does believe, and perhaps to see if we might understand why he and Manton have different points of view. IMO, this is far from the behavior of a "peanut gallery" member, at least as far as I understand the term -- perhaps you can enlighten me as to how such behavior fits into your definition of a peanut gallery. Also, I did not insult anyone in any of my comments. Did I cite Dr. Bresch, or any other specific individual, as responsible for statements I find illogical, etc.? No, I did not. You, on the other hand, have lobbed insults quite freely. And finally, to reiterate what others have said, if you don't like this thread, quit reading it. What sort of compulsion or other motivation inspires you to keep reading a thread that you find so unpleasant? Never mind that your behavior herein has been rude and confrontational.

13. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

If anyone is still mad, I offer the instructional video "what will not be covered by the warranty on Carlo Franco trousers"... in extensive testing of prototypes we determined the following activity to be an example of misuse by the wearer: No Do Dis

14. uriahheep

uriahheep Senior member

J: nice avatar. When I first saw it I thought, "No, it can't be." Sure enough it's the great Sid Vicious.

15. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I have been informed that Dr. Bresch did indeed pop back in, on page 31. Unfortunately he seems to be taking this too seriously as well. Perhaps he would like to bid on Chuck's auction?