• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is any vintage suit worth $25,000?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently this Ebay seller, finest_threads thinks this suit formerly owned by Aaron Spelling is worth 25K:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRICELESS-BESPOK...QQcmdZViewItem

If that's too much he has a sport coat(that looks like an orhaned suit coat) for only 17K:

They are both by Giacomo Trabalza in Beverly Hills. I've heard of him but know nothing of his work. I would think that Spelling(May he RIP), bought the best, but it's kind of absurd to ask these prices for Spelling's Trabalza suits.

Can anyone think of a vintage suit worth 25K. I'm thinking of Paul McCartney's Sgt. Pepper suit(which he supposedly still has), being worth 25K but not these Spelling suits!

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What about any vintage Lobb boots?

As an aside, the white three-piece from "Saturday Night Fever" certainly was worth more than $25,000 when it was sold at auction.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
take the listings posted today with a grain of salt...it was a $.20 listing fee sale (so no matter the starting price, the eBay insertion fee was only twenty cents).

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
take the listings posted today with a grain of salt...it was a $.20 listing fee sale (so no matter the starting price, the eBay insertion fee was only twenty cents).

If sellers would spring for an extra 10 cents, they could avoid the glut of overpriced auctions all ending next Wednesday.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think Aaron Spelling's daughter is worth $25k.

Gladhatter

Reaction score
Not sure what anything is worth and suppose its worth what the buyer is willing to pay.

Considering Spelling had the single largest house in the state, I would image his daughers finances exceed that amount regardless of her worth.

I seen a couple hats past fetch 10 grand on eBay but know of hatters that get 3 times that from their bespoke ones.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I don't think Aaron Spelling's daughter is worth $25k.

How about 17K? She's had a lot of work done to her!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
How about 17K? She's had a lot of work done to her!
As anyone who's ever worked on a car can tell you, you never get it back when you sell it.

Gladhatter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
As anyone who's ever worked on a car can tell you, you never get it back when you sell it.

She MAY or may not be the exception to the rule. I am guessing she is worth some small fortune. Any idea how many shows that man started on tv? Seen a docu on him once and it was simply amazing at all he has done.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gladhatter

Considering Spelling had the single largest house in the state, I would image his daughers finances exceed that amount regardless of her worth.

Sorry to be off topic, but I just looked that up and... WOW! That's some house (56,000 square feet?). It's for sale, apparently... at $150,000,000. Apparently creating TV shows yields a pretty good income.

Gladhatter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Sorry to be off topic, but I just looked that up and... WOW! That's some house (56,000 square feet?). It's for sale, apparently... at $150,000,000. Apparently creating TV shows yields a pretty good income.
John I think that is just the main house and the complex is very sprawing and house actually runs an acre or two if I recall correctly.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
...or Kennedy's inauguration clothes (hat not included).

Well, dammit, I'm not buying unless I can get the topper.

jfk7.jpg

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Apparently this Ebay seller, finest_threads thinks this suit formerly owned by Aaron Spelling is worth 25K:

If that's too much he has a sport coat(that looks like an orhaned suit coat) for only 17K:

They are both by Giacomo Trabalza in Beverly Hills. I've heard of him but know nothing of his work. I would think that Spelling(May he RIP), bought the best, but it's kind of absurd to ask these prices for Spelling's Trabalza suits.

Can anyone think of a vintage suit worth 25K. I'm thinking of Paul McCartney's Sgt. Pepper suit(which he supposedly still has), being worth 25K but not these Spelling suits!

I could never do that, that is like a weeks worth of Chris Despos suits which I know I will love.

fatty

Reaction score
sure it's worth that much, if you can put it in a museum and charge people to see it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads