• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is american apparel good for anythign else besides T-shirts?

apocalypse later

Reaction score
I find it difficult to fit into the tees or the slacks in AA if you have a bit of muscle on you.

I personally love the Flex Fleece Hoodies. For $26 from a wholesale seller, they are fantastic for layering or just on their own on a brisk fall or spring day. Literally the most comfortable hoodie I've ever put on. Oh, and they fit awesome.

Leonard Leroy

Reaction score
Seeing some pretty hot girls in the ads.

Such debauchery... it turns me on! RARRRRG

Seanallen

Reaction score
I love AA, but some stuff is sketchy quality, like my Taffeta windbreaker, the zipper pull broke off and when I bought it had loose threads, but its lasted quite a bit.

The top 3 AA wise:
Shirts
Hoodies
Underwear

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I really like the fit of their pants, but they are pricey.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like most of their stuff. The organic athletic tees are nice, though.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^H&M ones are cheaper and better quality.

Personally i like the H&M fit better, but the AA fit isn't bad, especially if you're an anorexic hipster (those days are long gone for me).

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
^H&M ones are cheaper and better quality.

Personally i like the H&M fit better, but the AA fit isn't bad, especially if you're an anorexic hipster (those days are long gone for me).

...and in that case you can indulge on the deep vee's they offer
eh.gif

I find that they're good for the undergarments

Lysol

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with their jersey cardigans? I'm sort of a long sleeve shirt / cardigan sweater junkie, even in the summer. I'm always on the lookout for thin cardigans that I can wear in 80+ degree weather. Just curious about the quality and if they're as basic looking in real life as they look on their website.

I've only trusted them for t-shirts and thermals. Everything else I've seen is kinda corny / kid-ish / hipster looking. I want just a normal cardigan like you would find from Polo / J. Crew et al, only made out of a thin cotton. I don't want to look like a cast member of Footloose.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have their thermal henleys and my friend has their thermal tees (long sleeve) and they are pretty good. They hold up well and are slim fitting.

keikun13

Reaction score
Bought a pair of their cords and I'll have to say that I'm not really a fan of the fit, but it could work for some people. I like their hoodies. Cheap (from eBay wholesalers), comfy, warm, and you can get them in a lot of different colors.

I am interested in the oxford button-up that they started offering. Anybody have any experience on the quality and fit?

mtgguy777

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the long sleeve tee's but aside from their basic tee's, the flex fleece hoodies are great

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads