1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10 : Sam Hober Tie and Pocket Square sets courtesy of David Hober

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is one of three sets of of Sam Hober Tie and Pocket Square sets courtesy of David Hober. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Is a wool tweed Safari jacket an oxymoron?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Staxxx1, Nov 4, 2018.

1. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

it's a vintage style detail from when men threaded a pocket watch through there

2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Distinguished Member

It's not wool tweed but 100% Linen. Navy. From Valstar. Picked it up from NMWA a few years ago. I listed it on B&S and fortunately did not sell it, realizing it looked great with the sleeves pushed up and pocket buttons undone.

It has a nice waist cinch. You can see the stone/horn? endings to cinch:
    valstar1.jpg

3. Button hole

Button hole Well-Known Member

I wasn’t going to post this because OP was looking for tweed and I got the impression it might be for tempature reasons, but this is one of my favorite finds:

Carrol and Co 100% flax herringbone safari coat. It has a summer tweed vibe.

B0D9A99C-B990-4562-9232-3F97EC20A0C5.jpeg

9F788806-D4FD-4D68-9902-75F862ACB0DC.jpeg

4. Staxxx1

Staxxx1 Senior Member

Thank you for posting....both nice jackets, but you are right. I was trying to figure out the use of tweed in this particular tropics-inspired style and whether it worked or not. :)

But I do love a good herringbone anytime !

5. esenumero3

esenumero3 Member

6. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Member

7. FlyingHorker

FlyingHorker Senior Member

I don't think so, Norfolks look like this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

Is a tweed mountain parka an oxymoron?
    Thought this could be related so wanted to share the deadstock herringbone mountain parka from Woolrich I bought today.
    Made in USA for 04AW German market I believe.
    Maybe it is prevalent in NA but quite rare in Europe.
    Looking forward to what @dieworkwear may say!
    IMG_20181129_205237.jpg IMG_20181129_204441.jpg IMG_20181129_204258.jpg IMG_20181129_204346.jpg

9. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored