• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ironheart

Mattnt

Reaction score
What does everyone think of the Ironheart Indigo 21oz Selvedge
Straight Cut? They're listed on the "Top 10," but not mentioned much elsewhere. How's the fit, sizing, construction, and denim? I'm looking for a heavy pair of raw selvedge to break in myself. (Also considering Nudies or APC, although I don't care much for the odd pockets on the Nudies.)

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mattnt
What does everyone think of the Ironheart Indigo 21oz Selvedge
Straight Cut? They're listed on the "Top 10," but not mentioned much elsewhere. How's the fit, sizing, construction, and denim? I'm looking for a heavy pair of raw selvedge to break in myself. (Also considering Nudies or APC, although I don't care much for the odd pockets on the Nudies.)

Ironhearts are T-u-f-f. Very cool jeans. The fit is pretty standard.. Nothing especially unique about it, but they are tough as nails.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want to break in a pair of Iron Heart, be prepared to wear it exclusively for a v-e-r-y long time. IMHO, they're somewhat of a novelty item, or if you like to wear jeans when you ride. Otherwise, they're utterly impractical and uncomfortable. There're many other beautiful Japanese jeans that can be had for the same price.

Mattnt

Reaction score
So not only are they tough, they're uncomfortable? I got the impression they're a pretty conservative styled tough set of jeans without too many gimmicks. But then again if they take years and years to break in...

As for other Japanese jeans, any particular favorites? Based on what I've seen so far some of the Studio D'Artisan and Samurai's seem pretty good looking, especially once broken in. Are these only available online, or can I find them in the NYC area?

I've been lurking for awhile and currently only own Diesels and other pre-distressed Jeans. I want something new I can break in on my own and to serve as my main and excusive pair for awhile.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mattnt
As for other Japanese jeans, any particular favorites? Based on what I've seen so far some of the Studio D'Artisan and Samurai's seem pretty good looking, especially once broken in. Are these only available online, or can I find them in the NYC area?

As they say, different strokes for different folks. Other than the two you mention, 45rpm, Sugarcane, and Eternal are all held in high regards. They are difficult to find in NYC, except for 45rpm at their own store and online. These have been difficult to procure from Japan for a while, but now you can take advantage of coldrice's service while he's there. For Sugarcane, you can get some limited models from historypreservation.com. Otherwise, use a bid service to get stuff from Japan. They do charge quite a bit for their services.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're lucky to be in NYC. Its the only place in the country with a store carrying a decent stock of Japanese denim. Blue In Green carries a bunch of Samurai and I believe they were expecting a shipment of Dartisan this month. They also carry Sugercane, Pure Blue Japan, Oni, and probably a bunch of other things I don't know about because its on the other side of the country
frown.gif

http://www.blueingreensoho.com/

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Superdenim has a stickied thread at the top that gives you different options for ordering japanese items including directly through rakuten, which means you pay regular price and just EMS shipping.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
You're lucky to be in NYC. Its the only place in the country with a store carrying a decent stock of Japanese denim. Blue In Green carries a bunch of Samurai and I believe they were expecting a shipment of Dartisan this month. They also carry Sugercane, Pure Blue Japan, Oni, and probably a bunch of other things I don't know about because its on the other side of the country
frown.gif

http://www.blueingreensoho.com/

BIG does ship and if you're out of state that means tax free too!

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True :p I'll probably just wait til I visit NYC though.

Mattnt

Reaction score
I'll definitely check out Blue in Green in Soho. Thanks!

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone in NYC carry Iron Hearts or are they online order only?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do they not seem too expensive?

Looks like under 150 Euros.

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads