• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ironheart

Mattnt

Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
What does everyone think of the Ironheart Indigo 21oz Selvedge
Straight Cut? They're listed on the "Top 10," but not mentioned much elsewhere. How's the fit, sizing, construction, and denim? I'm looking for a heavy pair of raw selvedge to break in myself. (Also considering Nudies or APC, although I don't care much for the odd pockets on the Nudies.)
 

Brian SD

Moderator
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
9,760
Reaction score
122
Originally Posted by Mattnt
What does everyone think of the Ironheart Indigo 21oz Selvedge
Straight Cut? They're listed on the "Top 10," but not mentioned much elsewhere. How's the fit, sizing, construction, and denim? I'm looking for a heavy pair of raw selvedge to break in myself. (Also considering Nudies or APC, although I don't care much for the odd pockets on the Nudies.)


Ironhearts are T-u-f-f. Very cool jeans. The fit is pretty standard.. Nothing especially unique about it, but they are tough as nails.
 

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,527
Reaction score
5
If you want to break in a pair of Iron Heart, be prepared to wear it exclusively for a v-e-r-y long time. IMHO, they're somewhat of a novelty item, or if you like to wear jeans when you ride. Otherwise, they're utterly impractical and uncomfortable. There're many other beautiful Japanese jeans that can be had for the same price.
 

Mattnt

Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
So not only are they tough, they're uncomfortable? I got the impression they're a pretty conservative styled tough set of jeans without too many gimmicks. But then again if they take years and years to break in...

As for other Japanese jeans, any particular favorites? Based on what I've seen so far some of the Studio D'Artisan and Samurai's seem pretty good looking, especially once broken in. Are these only available online, or can I find them in the NYC area?

I've been lurking for awhile and currently only own Diesels and other pre-distressed Jeans. I want something new I can break in on my own and to serve as my main and excusive pair for awhile.
 

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,527
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by Mattnt
As for other Japanese jeans, any particular favorites? Based on what I've seen so far some of the Studio D'Artisan and Samurai's seem pretty good looking, especially once broken in. Are these only available online, or can I find them in the NYC area?

As they say, different strokes for different folks. Other than the two you mention, 45rpm, Sugarcane, and Eternal are all held in high regards. They are difficult to find in NYC, except for 45rpm at their own store and online. These have been difficult to procure from Japan for a while, but now you can take advantage of coldrice's service while he's there. For Sugarcane, you can get some limited models from historypreservation.com. Otherwise, use a bid service to get stuff from Japan. They do charge quite a bit for their services.
 

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 28, 2005
Messages
3,294
Reaction score
3
You're lucky to be in NYC. Its the only place in the country with a store carrying a decent stock of Japanese denim. Blue In Green carries a bunch of Samurai and I believe they were expecting a shipment of Dartisan this month. They also carry Sugercane, Pure Blue Japan, Oni, and probably a bunch of other things I don't know about because its on the other side of the country


http://www.blueingreensoho.com/
 

digital_denim

Big Lose
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
531
Reaction score
0
Superdenim has a stickied thread at the top that gives you different options for ordering japanese items including directly through rakuten, which means you pay regular price and just EMS shipping.
 

digital_denim

Big Lose
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
531
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by PG2G
You're lucky to be in NYC. Its the only place in the country with a store carrying a decent stock of Japanese denim. Blue In Green carries a bunch of Samurai and I believe they were expecting a shipment of Dartisan this month. They also carry Sugercane, Pure Blue Japan, Oni, and probably a bunch of other things I don't know about because its on the other side of the country


http://www.blueingreensoho.com/


BIG does ship and if you're out of state that means tax free too!
 

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 28, 2005
Messages
3,294
Reaction score
3
True :p I'll probably just wait til I visit NYC though.
 

Mattnt

Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I'll definitely check out Blue in Green in Soho. Thanks!
 

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
2,744
Reaction score
5
Does anyone in NYC carry Iron Hearts or are they online order only?
 

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
3,769
Reaction score
2
Is it just me, or do they not seem too expensive?

Looks like under 150 Euros.

K
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 280 33.2%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 71 8.4%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 49 5.8%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.6%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 8 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 54 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,248
Messages
9,231,306
Members
193,771
Latest member
Shelcey
Top