• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Recommendations

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My iron died on my the other day and am in the market for a new one. Would love to get some recommendations. My biggest complaint on my last iron was that the steam feature didn't work well. I'm looking for one that has a nice steam feature and one preferable that you can control (like the commercial ones if thats possible).

bch

Reaction score
Rowenta. I have the $80 version. Lots of steam, reasonably heavy, water tight filler "hatch," never leaks.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Rowenta - some nice models can be found on eBay at a discount - that's where I found mine.. no drip, nice steam output.. nice iron.. cost me like 70.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Rowenta Pro (circa 2001) that replaces a Rowenta Something-glide, and I love the Pro. The glide one was weak.

BTW, Rowenta's portable steamers (last I checked) are terrible, look for the E-Steam portable steamer (it's better than my big Jiffy commercial model).

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a Black and Decker to replace a Rowenta and have been happy with it.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Rowenta. I have the pro model and love it.

billiebob

Reaction score
Yet another vote for the Rowenta Pro. I wonder why there are so many bad reviews on Amazon? I've never had a problem with mine. It's great.

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Got the Rowenta Perfect as a wedding gift and love it. Damn thing shoots steam about 4 feet.

Fabro

Reaction score
I very happy with the Rowenta Pro I bought recently. Get a good solid ironing board too. I use to have one of those cheap and flimsy models, and the difference was huge going to a new model with wide deck and very solid construction.

dare-

Reaction score
black and decker d2030, works great

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Rowenta Ultra Pro that I paid $130 about 3-4 years ago. It was great at first. The iron used to produce a prodigious amount of steam. Now it barely makes enough. The built in sprayer stopped working after about 12 month of use. I assume both problems were caused by hard water deposits accumulating inside the iron. If you plan to use filtered or distilled water you may not be affected by the types of problems I am describing. I did get a separate plastic spray bottle to replace the built-in sprayer and it works great. I want to take the iron apart and see if I can clean it but Rowenta uses special hex security bolts that I have yet to find the correct bit for.

I remember mr. Kabbaz was writing about his preffered commercial iron on the other forum in a similar thread but I can't find it now.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A voice of dissent against the Rowenta: bought the Rowenta Pro about a year ago. Followed all the instructions. Still the damn thing leaked water and spotted almost from the moment I plugged it in. I returned it within a few days.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob
Yet another vote for the Rowenta Pro. I wonder why there are so many bad reviews on Amazon? I've never had a problem with mine. It's great.

I'd trust the opinions here over random Amazon or EPionion write-ups; granted, a few guys here have had Rowenta "lemons".

Amazon reviews remind me of the reviews on Tirerack, where a lot of reviewers just don't seem to know what they're talking about . . . "I bend the sidewalls of these Pirelli PZeros too much when I corner hard in my minivan, they suck".
dozingoff.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads