• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Man

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactme_11
at the end.

ac/dc's back in black opened the movie, though.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Does anyone else dislike Terrence Howard (in general)?

I love TH but I don't know if he's right to play Rhodes/War Machine. From what I recall of the comics, he was extremely brash and profane, not at all like the typically-soft spoken Howard. It's been a long time since I've read Iron Man or War Machine though, so maybe I'm mistaken.

Englandmj7

Reaction score

oceans11

Reaction score
I just saw it & I thought it was pretty entertaining. Downey is pretty funny but I didn't stay for the ending credits. Wish I had now!

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
The post credit scene is now available from YouTube...

Spoiler warning

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
The post credit scene is now available from YouTube... Spoiler warning
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

well they also gave hints to this ending as well, the computer that controls the house in the film is called jarvis. The film bascialy gives the possibility of two different sequels the warhammer storyline or the avengers storyline setup by the clip. if they try try to integrate both someoone should be shot. but it seems they are taking more inspiration from the ulitmates which i think is a mistake.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
well they also gave hints to this ending as well, the computer that controls the house in the film is called jarvis.

The film basicaly gives the possibility of two different sequels the warhammer storyline or the avengers storyline setup by the clip. if they try try to integrate both someoone should be shot.

Warmachine storyline seems more natural. An Avengers storyline would be really hard to just suddenly introduce all these new characters (assuming they go with any classic incarnation of the Avengers which should have Vision, Wasp & Yellowjacket, Scarlet Witch, Capt America, etc)

If they decide to do an Avengers movie or storyline, might as well go whole hog and do the Korvac story.

One thing Iron Man suffers from, imo, is the lack of arch villains that are realistic and workable in the context of a movie. IM fighting someone like, The Mandarin, would come off very odd on screen.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loved the movie. Returned my faith in Marvel Comics translating to the big screen. I belive Marvel took a more active role in this one than in some of the last few <cough>Daredevil and Ghost Rider suck<cough>. The whole set up of the Avengers storyline raises the question, which characters will be in an Avengers movie? Do we go recent history with Spidey, Iron Man, Wolverine, etc or go old school with Cap, Thor, Wasp, Hawkeye?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Is the Black Sabbath song in it? I've put it on repeat in honor of the movie.

It plays over the closing credits. But what caught my ear was the use of Suicidal Tendencies. Hilarious blast from the past.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought an Avengers movie was already confirmed? At least I thought I heard that on the news today.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
according to imdb, the Marvel movies in pre-production or announced are:

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (already filming)
Silver Surfer
Thor
Ant Man
Doctor Strange
Spiderman 4
Shang-Chi

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Is the Black Sabbath song in it? I've put it on repeat in honor of the movie.

RJ, if you like big entertainment, go watch Ca$h, it's actually more fun than I expected (not good by any mean but def enjoyable). Dujardin is much better here than in contre-enquête or that kind of crap.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (already filming)
Silver Surfer
Thor
Ant Man
Doctor Strange
Spiderman 4
Shang-Chi

yessssssssssssssss

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

Silver Surfer

Hope they don't eff it up like FF2 (PLEASE show Galactus and PLEASE have Thanos).

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
Hope they don't eff it up like FF2 (PLEASE show Galactus and PLEASE have Thanos).
+1 on Thanos, but didn't it take the entire Marvel Universe to beat him? That would be epic! It'd beat the Justice League movie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads