1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Iron Man

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by acidboy, May 2, 2008.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

the sequel was already hinted at but eh two final scenes Nick is finally going to get a better representaion than david hasselhoff.

you are definitely right on that one.....

2. contactme_11

contactme_11 Senior member

Is the Black Sabbath song in it? I've put it on repeat in honor of the movie.

at the end.

3. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Thought it was a good movie - not great, 7.5-8/10. Robert Downey Jr. was perfect as the comic character, great use of CG without going overboard.

However, everything just felt like setup for a sequel and the action sequences both didn't distract me from that and didn't pay off enough. Even without the Post-credit clip, ignoring that every other comic movie blockbuster had sequels, was anyone doubting for a second there would be a sequel??

I went with a bunch of huge comic nerds and they had the time of their lives so at least it passed that criteria. Better than Spiderman, not as good as Batman Begins.

4. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I get all hyped up on the comic book movies but in the end they always seem to be good but never GREAT.
    I will go watch the sequal and everyother comic movie that comes out.

If I was to give it a rating 1 out of 10 I would say it's a 8.5

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Solid.

Having been a huge fan of Iron Man comics as a kid, I thought this was Spiderman-level goodness (as opposed to Hulk, GhostRider) As mentioned, they didnt over-do the CGI and Iron Man scenes were mostly very real looking.

btw, you need to stay til after the credits since there's a hidden scene at the very very end which is going to give marvel comic nerds a major hardon and alludes to another Marvel movie (actually 2) that's been talked about for a while now.

6. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

I enjoyed Lee's cameo as planned looking like Heff.

Does anyone else dislike Terrence Howard (in general)?

7. Karo

Karo Senior member

Going to watch it, from what I hear its not bad.

8. raley

raley Senior member

10/10 for me. Easily the best superhero movie I've seen. I went in there without knowing anything about the series and really liked everything about the movie. Seemed like it hit all the right spots, and wasn't cheesy at all really like a lot of those movies can get at times.

9. Soph

Soph Senior member

Great movie and just alot of fun. Batman Begins is the only other movie of this genre that supersedes IronMan for me. However, IronMan brings the summer popcorn fun in spades whereas Batman (Nolan's version) brings a heavy dose of seriousness.

10. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

The movie was average at best. The fight scenes were way too short.

Oh, and Iron Monger is "the dude"... get it? [​IMG]

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

at the end.

ac/dc's back in black opened the movie, though. [​IMG]

12. dusty

dusty Senior member

Does anyone else dislike Terrence Howard (in general)?

I love TH but I don't know if he's right to play Rhodes/War Machine. From what I recall of the comics, he was extremely brash and profane, not at all like the typically-soft spoken Howard. It's been a long time since I've read Iron Man or War Machine though, so maybe I'm mistaken.

13. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

14. oceans11

oceans11 Senior member

I just saw it & I thought it was pretty entertaining. Downey is pretty funny but I didn't stay for the ending credits. Wish I had now!

15. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

The post credit scene is now available from YouTube...

Spoiler warning

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

16. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

The post credit scene is now available from YouTube... Spoiler warning
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

well they also gave hints to this ending as well, the computer that controls the house in the film is called jarvis. The film bascialy gives the possibility of two different sequels the warhammer storyline or the avengers storyline setup by the clip. if they try try to integrate both someoone should be shot. but it seems they are taking more inspiration from the ulitmates which i think is a mistake.

17. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

well they also gave hints to this ending as well, the computer that controls the house in the film is called jarvis.

The film basicaly gives the possibility of two different sequels the warhammer storyline or the avengers storyline setup by the clip. if they try try to integrate both someoone should be shot.

Warmachine storyline seems more natural. An Avengers storyline would be really hard to just suddenly introduce all these new characters (assuming they go with any classic incarnation of the Avengers which should have Vision, Wasp & Yellowjacket, Scarlet Witch, Capt America, etc)

If they decide to do an Avengers movie or storyline, might as well go whole hog and do the Korvac story.

One thing Iron Man suffers from, imo, is the lack of arch villains that are realistic and workable in the context of a movie. IM fighting someone like, The Mandarin, would come off very odd on screen.

18. life_interrupts

life_interrupts Senior member

Loved the movie. Returned my faith in Marvel Comics translating to the big screen. I belive Marvel took a more active role in this one than in some of the last few <cough>Daredevil and Ghost Rider suck<cough>. The whole set up of the Avengers storyline raises the question, which characters will be in an Avengers movie? Do we go recent history with Spidey, Iron Man, Wolverine, etc or go old school with Cap, Thor, Wasp, Hawkeye?

19. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Is the Black Sabbath song in it? I've put it on repeat in honor of the movie.

It plays over the closing credits. But what caught my ear was the use of Suicidal Tendencies. Hilarious blast from the past.

20. dusty

dusty Senior member

I thought an Avengers movie was already confirmed? At least I thought I heard that on the news today.