1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Iron-Man 3 Movie Threa (May 3, 2013)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jul 14, 2012.

1. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Yeah, they can't do a wholesale recast, it would be a disaster. They're going to have to suck it up and pay real money, especially if the bit about RDJ going all band of brothers with the rest of the cast is true. Marvel's fucked if they piss him off.

And I'm surprised Chris Hemsworth can sit down after the cornholing he got. Less than a mil for both Avengers and Thor? And an offer of only and extra $500k for A2? Does he look like a bitch? Then why you wanna fuck him like one, Marvel?

2. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

I think it's because Hemsworth was relatively unknown before landing the Thor role, so maybe he's not trying to bite the hand that feeds him.

RDJ can, though. He basically revived Marvel with Iron Man. I was surprised he got $50m. Awesome, really.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Well Hemsworth is actually the one demanding more money and he and the other casts really hope that RDJ gets behind them because he really is their biggest leverage.

4. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

I get the low pay for Thor- no one knew who he was. But the movie was successful and he was good in it. He should have gotten a better check for Avengers, which was also successful. Now Marvel has him in A2 and Thor 2, both of which can be reasonably expected to be blockbusters, and they're trying to dick him over? That's just cheap and shitty.

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

I believe he signed a contract for Avengers when he signed up for Thor. Same goes for Thor 2. Meaning the pay was negotiated back then, before anyone knew these films would be so successful. He didn't have leverage to get higher pay for Avengers or Thor 2. It may not sound fair, but that's the contract he signed with them.

Since he's no longer contracted past Thor 2, he's using this as a way for higher paychecks in the future.

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

hemsworth should thank marvel for giving him the opportunity... he was a virtual unknown before this, and the studio probably paid top dollar for hopkins, rene russo, natalie portman and both of kat denning's bewbs. that being said, he does deserve to get more for avengers 2 as he proved to everyone he is great as thor and I don't think its easy to find a replacement, and disney earned enough money from avengers to buy their own country.

oh, and finally watched im3... I definitely agree im3 > im2

7. pioneer1

pioneer1 New Member

I watched Iron man 3 last over the weekend and I enjoyed it. :)

Great action, funny and special effects.

8. Meis

Meis Senior member

No, it wasn't.
    I wasn't too crazy about IM2, but it was still easily better than IM3. IM3 was fucking awful... I mean it was almost Michael-Bay-level awful. After seeing IM3 I'm suprised that its gotten as decent of reviews as it has.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  9. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I think I should have watched all the trailers..

Then not watched the movie. I'd be far happier.