1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Iron-Man 3 Movie Threa (May 3, 2013)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jul 14, 2012.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

^ Do you know if this is the last Iron Man film?

3. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

No way is it last, it just makes too much money.

It is however the last one in RDJs contract, after this he is only contracted for Avengers 2. So IM4 might be with a new lead unless they renew his contract but dude will be asking for a lot of money or a much bigger percentage of the box office number.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Also I think that suit might be the one that get destroyed, I don't think it is the Extremis version.

5. Neo_Version 7

^^ No, yeah that's what I meant. The last one of RDJ. I mean, I'm sure they could afford it but what with ScarJo's paycheck for A2, you can bet he'll negotiate for the big bucks.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

The reported $20mil for Scarlette in A2 is insane but RDJ already made more than $50mil in A1 because of him getting ~7% of total revenue (and A1 is in the billions now not including the DVD sales yet) and I believe he has the same deal with IM3. Since RDJ does such a great job, Marvel will likely keep throwing money at him and will only replace him if he wants to stop playing the role. I remember someone from Marvel saying this will be like a James Bond franchise where they'll keep replacing the lead but the movie will keep going.

7. Neo_Version 7

^ Well, it is definitely one of their better franchises (can't really say the same for Hulk and Captain America tbh). If they do go down that James Bond route, wouldn't it cause some consistency issues for the ensemble pictures -- unless they plan on doing that with all their heroes?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

They'll probably try and do it that way. All they really need to do is make the ending open ended enough for each film that they can be part of the Avengers. Like Thor, the cube didn't really have any part in the film until the end when the scientist opened it up and was controlled by Loki. The other films just had RDJ or SamJack appear in the end.

I do think if the other franchise can't keep up or make as much (since the actor will likely ask for a raise) then they might just not make the films and just add them to the Avengers, kind of like the Hulk film. They didn't really bother making another one when they had plenty of time to put one out before the Avengers film.

9. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

Hopefully, RDJ can stop wearing those ridiculous lifts. He just looks off when he wears 3-4 inch lifts in his shoes.

10. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Thanks for starting is thread RFX.

11. hoozah

hoozah Well-Known Member

It's not Ironman without RDJ playing the role. He does it so well.

12. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Don't like the gold.

13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

+1. God, that looks like shit.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Teaser in the SDCC Panel:

15. Neo_Version 7

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  17. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

18. Pennglock

Pennglock Well-Known Member

Fuck, someone make the comic book movies stop...

19. hoozah

hoozah Well-Known Member

Only when they stop being successful, and with technology always improving to make comic book movies become more and more realistic and a good storyline, they will continue to be successful.

20. Neo_Version 7

After The Avengers made a bajillion dollars worldwide? Yeah....that's not going to happen.

RFX alone makes up like 5% of all comic book movie grosses.