1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Iron Heart denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Bona Drag, Mar 12, 2007.

1. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

They should make 40oz denim. Or better yet, they should make some shirts made out of wood, or steel wool. They should make fuckin armour shirts and pants, or concrete plated jackets. Next level. EPIC FADEZ

Wait till your hands touch the Iron Heart 10th anniversary denim.
    [​IMG]

2. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Senior member

Wait till your hands touch the Iron Heart 10th anniversary denim.
    [​IMG]

whats it like?

3. kiya

whats it like?

It's the most insane shit i've ever dealt with when it comes to a textile.
    It's about 22oz, indigo, unsanforized, unsinged, and feels like the most rigid thing ever.
    It's unreal.
    I have one pair they gave me a few months ago, but it's a bit tight as is, and it hasn't even been soaked yet.

4. onion

onion Senior member

I need some black jeans... Part of me wants to buy Samurai or Flat Head for the fades, the other half wants to buy Iron Heart for the new 22oz denim ([​IMG] ) and so they stay dark... They are pretty much opposite sides of the spectrum, but both are so nice. I just can't decide.

5. kiya

I need some black jeans... Part of me wants to buy Samurai or Flat Head for the fades, the other half wants to buy Iron Heart for the new 22oz denim ([​IMG] ) and so they stay dark... They are pretty much opposite sides of the spectrum, but both are so nice. I just can't decide.

If it makes any difference, besides the fact that they're so dark, the Iron Heart black jeans will also last about 4 times as long as Flat Head's or Samurai's.

6. CodeRed

CodeRed Senior member

Kiya- Any tips for breaking in the black version..seems stiff as a board [​IMG] Thx!

7. kiya

Kiya- Any tips for breaking in the black version..seems stiff as a board [​IMG] Thx!

Soak it in warm water for 5 minutes then let them air dry then start wearing them, and wear them often.

8. Chrispy

Chrispy Senior member

It's the most insane shit i've ever dealt with when it comes to a textile.
    It's about 22oz, indigo, unsanforized, unsinged, and feels like the most rigid thing ever.
    It's unreal.
    I have one pair they gave me a few months ago, but it's a bit tight as is, and it hasn't even been soaked yet.

Oh man. Which do I want to save up for this, or the rumored 24 oz. coming from Samurai.

9. kiya

[​IMG]

A huge restock of Iron Heart jeans, shirts, and jackets just came in.
    The 634s, 461, new 301s Slims, and 9301 Slim Blacks have all been restocked including a long awaited restock on their Indigo Riders Jacket and their Selvedge Type III jacket. We also got a small restock of their hickory stripe shirt and selvedge chambray shirt.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=71

10. kiya

Iron Heart Heavy Ombre Shirts & Road Beast Windbreakers

Two new items in multiple colors from our favorite outlaws in Tokyo...

Iron Heart brings us some intense flannels once again in great colors for spring. Their take on an ombre fabric is interesting and looks great with a hint of a western accent and a cut that's turned into one of the most popular shirts we sell at the store.
    Available in navy, purple, and brown.

Iron Heart have taken the classic windbreaker and modified the cut along with a few other areas to produce the ultimate spring/summer windbreaker. Lightweight yet warm, very well made, and an inner pocket to store an iPhone, cigarettes, or retractable shank.
    Also comes with a hem tapering rope to tighten the lower section.
    Iron Heart have produced the ultimate windbreaker for us, available in gray, black, and brown.

These shirts and jackets will not be restocked once gone, they've only produced one run for this year.

Both these new items along with a full restock of the 301s/9301 slim jeans, the 634s, and Heavy Chambray Shirts are now available in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=71

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Zekdafied

Zekdafied Active Member

I just got my first pair of selvage denim ever; The Iron Heart 634S and they are awesome. I've worn them every day for the past 2 weeks!

I have read a little about shrinking and soaking, but what is recommended for these jeans in particular? Wear the hell out of for months before soaking/washing? Cold/Warm? What kind of soaking duration?

I have 31 waist (34 length, being a little long).

Cheers.

12. NoClassic

NoClassic Active Member

Just wanted to say how well my pair of super blacks have treated me over the last year or so.

They have become my "work" pants which results in them being subjected to any number of potentially damaging conditions. Heat and strong UV light from the TIG machine, abrasion from raw metal edges, ALOT of clay and glazes recently, glue, you name it. I dont treat them well.

Specifically the material has been great about not tearing and holding its color. More than once I made the mistake of running into a sharp metal edge or part of a piece im working on. A few strands pulled out but not a massive L shaped tear like some lesser jeans have done. More than likely they saved me from a pretty nasty scrape or even a cut.

They have been washed maybe 7 times now, but show little sign of giving up their rigidity. Im sure as long as I dont set them on fire they have a whole bunch more time left in them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. kiya

Iron Heart Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirts & Purple Flannels A large Iron Heart shipment just rolled in.. just in time for some warmer weather. They've done a small run of Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirts in three colors. The fabric is loosely woven and breathes very well and the colors combinations are a welcome addition to our existing collections. Along with the new Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirts is a restock of the Purple Ombre Flannel Shirt, the Heavy Selvedge Chambray, Road Beast Windbreakers, Indigo Riders Jacket, and the 634s, 301s (Slim), and 9301 jeans: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=71 Brown Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirt [​IMG] Blue Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirt [​IMG] Turquoise Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirt [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Purple Ombre Flannel [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. kiya

Iron Heart 634SR 23oz Anniversary Jeans

We're excited to announce the most intense Iron Heart product ever released, their 5th Anniversary 23oz Jeans.

They've really come through with something that's blown us away. For those that always wanted an Iron Heart jean but wanted it to fade with a higher contrast fade but still last near forever, this is it.
    For Iron Heart's 5th anniversary they wanted a denim that trumped everything else, something so intense that it would take over 20 different versions to get it right. What we've gotten is a denim that's unsanforized, which is a first for Iron Heart, and is so heavy and rigid that we cannot imagine how amazing it will look with wear. The denim starts out as a rigid 21oz denim, once soaked the true indigo color really comes out and the post-soak weight of the denim becomes approximately 23.5oz, easily the heaviest fabric they've done.

For those that always wanted a pair of Iron Heart jeans and wanted them to fade a bit quicker and have a more intense contrasty fade, this is the jean you've been waiting for. These are limited to 400 pairs worldwide.

Full specs, hi-res photos, and measurements are now available in our online store on the product page. These will go on sale at 10AM (PST) on Thursday, June 18th.

Along with the Anniversary jeans we've received a restock of the very popular 301s/9301 Slim Jeans along with the classic 634s and both black and brown belts:
    http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=468

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. arrow

arrow Senior member

16. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Hey, kiya. Do you have any IH 301S in 29s at your NYC store? Thanks!

17. kiya

Hey, kiya. Do you have any IH 301S in 29s at your NYC store? Thanks!

Yup, we've got one pair left.
    Call us asap for a phone order or come in..

18. Lel

Lel Senior member

Been reading up on IH, and some other options.

Been wearing APCs for a while now and even though they are said by some to be considered "denim steel" I have worn the fuck out of them to the point where lot's of wear and holes have developed. This is understandable considering my small rotation on the fit, but I'd like my next pair of jeans to be durable. Really fucking durable, and that's what I hear Iron Heart is.

Anyone care to sell me on that? Interested in the 301, and I want my next pair of denim to really last and bear through all the wear I put them through. I want a pair of jeans to last me through many years, with a reasonable rotation through other pants.

19. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

I have a pair of 634s and they are "really fucking durable".

20. GoodSamaritan

GoodSamaritan Well-Known Member

Ya theyre definitely durable