• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Heart denim

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge x Iron Heart = SEXIH07 - BORN TUFF

The third collaboration between Self Edge and Iron Heart has been over a year in the making. This jean, designed by Diesel, went through multiple changes of fabrics and cuts until it's final iteration was conceived in a jean that would be not only a very versatile cut but in a fabric that would outlast anything else.

A heavyweight unsanforized denim which for the first time ever from Iron Heart ages with extreme contrast and great character that rivals the best Japanese denim available today. With a silhouette that Diesel designed to fit every body type we've decided to do these in a wide range of sizes due to it's extremely versatile fit.

We're very excited about the black version of this jean, the SEXIH07BK. This version of the SEXIH07 jean has been overdyed black with a fugitive pigment dye which is an unstable and un-permanent dye that fades to later show the indigo denim underneath. Essentially this is a denim that begins black and fades to indigo in high friction areas, or what the Japanese call the "atari" fade. This particular model is what we feel the most original and exciting fabric we've ever put into a jean.
Iron Heart released a set of overdyed jeans (using their flagship 21oz sanforized denim) four years ago, those turned out to be some of the best looking worn jeans we've ever seen from the few people that got their hands on a pair, we expect these to look even better considering what's underneath the dye.

Diesel says "THESE JEANS ARE BORN TUFF - RUFF RUFF"

The SEXIH07 and SEXIH07BK jeans will be released at Self Edge San Francisco & Self Edge New York at Noon (Local Time) on Saturday, December 5th.
The jeans will also be available online at 2pm (PST) the same day in the online store.

Check our online store for more information on this jean, a complete specification list, measurements, and hi-res photos:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=71

SEXIH07 - Indigo
ih_indigo_01_web.jpg

ih_indigo_02_web.jpg

ih_indigo_04_web.jpg

ih_indigo_05_web.jpg

ih_indigo_06_web.jpg

ih_indigo_07_web.jpg

SEXIH07BK - Overdyed Black
ih_black_01_web.jpg

ih_black_03_web.jpg

ih_black_04_web.jpg

ih_black_05_web.jpg

ih_black_06_web.jpg

ih_black_07_web.jpg

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple more pics of faded Iron Heart denim before I ship these off. (They look okay in the pics but are too tight IRL.)
musicboohoo[1].gif
ih1.jpg
ih2.jpg

atomicranch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
A couple more pics of faded Iron Heart denim before I ship these off. (They look okay in the pics but are too tight IRL.)
musicboohoo[1].gif

ih1.jpg
ih2.jpg

How long did it take for them to fade like that? I've been wearing the crap out of mine for about 1 1/2 years (with three washes) and there is only a little fading.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^other than wearing them frequently&hard, you need to increase wash frequency in between.
Originally Posted by atomicranch
How long did it take for them to fade like that? I've been wearing the crap out of mine for about 1 1/2 years (with three washes) and there is only a little fading.

quite a masochistic undertaking ...
worship.gif
'admire your courage & determination. rock on!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Originally Posted by arrow
The Invisible Iron Heart 634SR Man:
4207327015_47200ff9c7.jpg

arrow

Reaction score
Thanks Icon... "masochistic" is the perfect word to describe this endeavor. I'm walking around the hallways at work making that denim on denim sound.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by atomicranch
I really can't remember how much wear my IHs got in total, but I'd estimate somewhere around that length of time and with that number of washes. I found that Iron Heart denim faded at about the same rate (albeit with a diffrent appearance, of course!) as my Flat Heads. Don't know why they have an "impossible to fade" reputation. The Iron Hearts are definitely the most durable denim I've owned, though, in terms of resistance to tearing, owing, I think, simply to their thickness.

Chrispy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
I really can't remember how much wear my IHs got in total, but I'd estimate somewhere around that length of time and with that number of washes. I found that Iron Heart denim faded at about the same rate (albeit with a diffrent appearance, of course!) as my Flat Heads. Don't know why they have an "impossible to fade" reputation. The Iron Hearts are definitely the most durable denim I've owned, though, in terms of resistance to tearing, owing, I think, simply to their thickness.

I think Kiya mentioned somewhere that the 21 oz denim is actually more durable than the 23 oz due to the nature of the two denims.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya,
How do the Iron Heart flannels run? A size small? TTS? etc?

LandoCal126

Reaction score
Say it isn't so... Well it is! The Overdyed Self Edge x Iron Heart Type III Jacket is finally here. I purchased it yesterday from SESF as I have been waiting on it since it's creation was announced to me a few months ago. I currently have no right to be buying this jacket but FTW, that's what credit cards are made for.
wink.gif
This jacket has not left my back since I walked out the store yesterday afternoon with the exception of these flicks. Of course, fit pics and detail shots will follow shortly. The weather/ lighting around here (The Bay) is not the greatest this week. Here are a few teaser shots for you all to drool to...

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge x Iron Heart Type III Modified Jacket = SEXIH07IIIBK - BORN TUFFER

Last month we released the Self Edge x Iron Heart SEXIH07 jeans in both indigo and overdyed black, they turned out to be one of the most popular releases we've had, especially the overdyed black version.
To compliment that release we've gotten in a small run of modified Type III jackets with hand pockets made of the same amazing 19oz denim that's been overdyed black. This is definitely without a doubt the nicest denim jacket we've carried yet and perfect for those wanting a versatile denim jacket that's got hand pockets and will age very well considering the denim used and the overdyed nature of the fabric.

This jacket has been overdyed black with a fugitive pigment dye which is an unstable and un-permanent dye that fades to later show the indigo denim underneath. Essentially this is a denim that begins black and fades to indigo in high friction areas, or what the Japanese call the "atari" fade. This particular model is what we feel the most original and exciting fabric we've ever put into a jacket. Iron Heart released a set of overdyed jeans (using their flagship 21oz sanforized denim) four years ago, those turned out to be some of the best looking worn jeans we've ever seen from the few people that got their hands on a pair, we expect these to look even better considering what's underneath the dye.

A heavyweight unsanforized overdyed denim which for the first time ever from Iron Heart ages with extreme contrast and great character that rivals the best Japanese denim available today.

This jacket will be released at SESF, SENY, and in our online store this wednesday, January 13th at 1pm (PST).
Stock is very limited and there are no restocks of this jacket, they do not shrink at all because the overdye process gets rid of all the shrinking properties of the denim. Check the online store for hi-res photos, specifications, and a size chart.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=536

sexih_iii_01_web.jpg

sexih_iii_02_web.jpg

sexih_iii_04_web.jpg

sexih_iii_05_web.jpg

sexih_iii_06_web.jpg

sexih_iii_07_web.jpg

sexih_iii_08_web.jpg

Chrispy

Reaction score
My 634sr just went to tailor to fix impending crotch doom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads