• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Army jeans

Brian SD

Reaction score
I was going to go to SuperFuture to check out the thread there, but it's down apparently. There's some 5 page discussion going on about IRON ARMY.

Check out their website: www.ironarmyclothing.com

I think raw black Novio may be the next purchase I make. Since they're only from HTC they probably run at the highest end of Iron Army's price range, which apparently is ~$215. I need to check em out (but have no time to drive up there).

All the fits that they make for men are the same straight-leg fit, the only difference between the names are the color and stitch color. The Novio have grey stitching and the Hiro Ito have white (too white for my taste). Those two draw my eye the most.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'd like to check out those jeans as well. They definitely look distinctive, and if they are good, a better price than plenty of premium denim these days.

A superfuture member (www.tragicbliss.com) posted pics and despite that he's a really skinny guy (skinnier than the models), the jeans fit him incredibly well. They have a little bit of stretch in them, by using a large amount of a fabric called "elasterol" (sp?) which apparently does a great job of keeping the shape but still offering a little give.

I've been looking for a good pair of raw black jeans and didn't want to go to the Dior Homme route just because I'm growing a little tired of Dior Homme in general. It's not my niche anymore.

glamroot

Reaction score
The NOVIO comes only in indigo with the grey stitching. Though the indigo on the NOVIO is very very dark, looks almost black... espcially with the grey stitching. The Raw is $198 shipped. Also have the raw black Hiro Ito for $198 shipped. Email me if you want a pair [email protected] Scott

Brian SD

Reaction score
Bleh. That sucks. I want raw black. I need to see the Hiro's in person then to see if the stitching is too much for me.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for that price point, i would consider the somets in a thin straight leg cut. mine are awesome, and kind of the same looking denim as iron army stuff but it has more hidden extras like selvedge and back rivets, whatnot.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
for that price point, i would consider the somets in a thin straight leg cut. mine are awesome, and kind of the same looking denim as iron army stuff but it has more hidden extras like selvedge and back rivets, whatnot.

I've looked at the Somets before. They're cool, but for me fit is king and I think the Iron Army jeans have an incredibly solid fit, particularly the rise and back pocket placement.

minya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I've been looking for a good pair of raw black jeans and didn't want to go to the Dior Homme route just because I'm growing a little tired of Dior Homme in general. It's not my niche anymore.
I know exactly what you mean, but -- have you tried them on? They fit incredibly.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
I know exactly what you mean, but -- have you tried them on? They fit incredibly.

Somets? To my knowledge there's no way for me to do that. Do you know of a stockist in the USA?

Also considering Skull 5010xx in black. They would probably fade the quickest of the bunch (unless Somets are notorious for doing so).

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried the black Iron Army on at Ron Herman. Thought they were pretty cool, but the white stitching was a bother to me. They've got stretch in them too, which isn't necessarily something I was looking for.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Somets? To my knowledge there's no way for me to do that. Do you know of a stockist in the USA?

Also considering Skull 5010xx in black. They would probably fade the quickest of the bunch (unless Somets are notorious for doing so).

i don't see my somet's fading anytime soon, **** is like painted on

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also after a pair of raw blacks ... anyone know if these are available in Australia ? I was interested in imperial, they didn't respond to my email. Am close to pulling the trigger on a pair of SJ dry blacks, for lack of other options.

Yet Fung

Reaction score
Got a pair of raw black Ito's from Sam at context. PM'd him on the other SF, but I'm sure they have a website. Anyways, the fit is pretty slim/straight, and the decorative stitching is not over the top, although it does create weird looking whiskers on the front pockets if those stitches veer too far out of the pocket seam. Also the decorative stitching is somewhat on the cheap-looking side, but probably because it's so thick. The back-pocket stitching isn't really annoying, as you will rarely encounter anyone with the same jeans. Plus Steve & Steve are from my hometown so I gotta show support.

The look of these jeans I would say is pretty damn good, the rise is way low compared to all the repros and I'm not the biggest fan of zippers. If these jeans get wet, they lose indigo really really fast and will stain everything they touch. I'm not an indigo expert, but I would venture to guess it's partly because of the stretch denim (which btw, feels/looks pretty good, definitely reduces the knee bulge unless you starch them)

Overall a great looking slim pair of jeans, and the sale at context made it even sweeter, it was like maybe $170 CAD.

Reaction score
I don't really care, but anyone put off by the Christian branding of Iron Army?

Not hating, just surprised when it doesn't come up in discussions of these jeans---------especially when it always comes up in Cheap Monday threads.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads