• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irish fellows.

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Or people who have been to Ireland. What should I do there? My main plan is to sit in bars with live music and stroll around in the streets. Going there in November on a solo journey so suggestions as to what else I should think about maybe doing will be appreciated.

Last edited:

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Figured it'd be a good way to avoid mad amounts of tourists. I don't mind bad weather, I actually kind of like it.

jawboneofa

Reaction score
Where are you planning to go, and how long will you be there for? My brother, a friend of ours, and I spent a week going up the west coast, starting in Dingle and ending in Galway. Really beautiful country.

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Booked a hotel near central dublin, staying for 5 nights. I do plan to wander out to the countryside for a day trip or two.

jawboneofa

Reaction score
I only spent a day there during my trip, so I don't have many recommendations. The Guinness factory was very neat, even if it is a rather obvious suggestion.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found Dublin dull as hell. Rent a car and drive for 5 days.

lefty

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Whiskey>Beer.

Edit: Lefty, what'd you do in Dublin? What were your expectations going in?

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Walked, ate, drank, museums, book of kells - city stuff. It's not a particularly pretty city, not that interesting, people were kind of dull. And drunk.

That said, I loved Ireland once I got out of town. Met fascinating people, ate great food, saw things I've never seen anywhere else. Would go back in a minute. To the countryside.

lefty

Last edited:

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind for the next time I go, this time around I'll see what's what in Dublin and nearby. Maybe go on a daytrip to the country and look for these fascinating people.

jawboneofa

Reaction score
Concur with Lefty. Truth is, Dublin isn't a particularly "Irish" city, when compared to the stereotypical (in a good way) vision of the Emerald Isle. You should be able to get to Doolin in around 3 hours by car, which is on the west coast and a good base for hiking the Cliffs of Moher. Galway is even closer, and the Aran Islands are a fun day trip on the ferry from Galway. Alternatively, Connemara National Forest is just west of Galway, and makes for a really beautiful drive. Of course, I was there in July (and it was still a little rainy), so it might be a little different in November.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Listen to this fellow.

Cliffs of Moher are amazing. Aran Islands are cool, but I think I went to the wrong island. Galway is far more fun than Dublin. And Connemara is the place I want to be buried.

lefty

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks men! Will see what happens, might be whisked away by some beautiful irish woman and end up in the countryside for the entire stay.

(Wishing on falling stars, shed eyelashes, broken ponies and muddy pillowcases that that's what happens.)

flirtkakat

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No license I'm afraid, otherwise I would've definitely without even need for suggestion gone on a drive through the country. Cross your fingers for the beautiful irishwoman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads