• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ipod Touch

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with it? im thinking of getting the 16 gig. anyone know where i may be able to get one for cheap? etc?

hamish5178

Reaction score
iPods are like APC jeans, they're the same price everywhere.

Although if they have any I highly reccomend getting an Apple Refurbished one at a discount, the casings are replaced/polished or something so they come to you looking brand new.

Why do you want the touch over a regular iPod classic?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have an iPod Touch (refurbished) and it was worth the price I got it. However, I did notice a dead pixel or two. Overall, I was happy with my purchase.

iPod Classics seem like dinosaurs to me now. Screen is too small and don't even get me started on the interface.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
iPods are like APC jeans, they're the same price everywhere.

Although if they have any I highly reccomend getting an Apple Refurbished one at a discount, the casings are replaced/polished or something so they come to you looking brand new.

Why do you want the touch over a regular iPod classic?

i really want it for the wi-fi.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your gonna get a lot of personal opinions on this.... I mean its an iPhone without the phone right? Call me old fashioned, but I want my phone to be a phone, mp3 to be an mp3, etc... I have a blackberry so dont hold me to that, but even that thing gets annoying. I really like the old nano's, new new ones are a little too big for me. I only really use my mp3 to work out with, I have a classic (a video back when I bought it), but i have about 25g on it, and I dont want a 120 or whatever they are now, and there isnt anything at 32g other than the touch.

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Screen is too small and don't even get me started on the interface.
+1 Recently though, I made the decision to go with a classic simply on the basis of storage size. I got the 120gb classic. I think it depends on what you're looking for. If you don't already have a laptop and the wifi/apps/larger video is what you're looking for, get the touch. I have a macbook that I can take with me if I need to access the web somewhere that has free wifi. I basically just needed an MP3 player, and the classic has far much more storage than the touch. To make a long story short, get the touch if you will be using it for video/apps/etc or you can't live without that stuff. If all you need is an MP3 player, get a classic for its larger storage size & lower cost.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one...bought it from a friend who got it for free from the edu promotion at the beginning of the academic year.

The wifi is nice...I can check email and chat on Facebook or AIM while waiting for my bus to leave (the adjacent buildings provide the wifi) and since I plug my ipod into my car's cassette player with an adapter, when I pull into my driveway, the ipod picks up the wifi from my house and immediately fetches my email (which I read after I park my car but before actually going into my house).

That said, I wish I had bought one of these new nanos instead...The touch just isn't as portable as the smaller units.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have the Touch and dig it, though, admittedly, it's a cooler toy than practical MP3/video storage unit. You have to want the bells and whistles. But if you do, great, because it's like something out of Star Trek.

Worth springing for the 32G version, I think.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im a big fan, for both the wi-fi and the large screen. makes movies on a plane or commute much more enjoyable.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to add that battery on it is **** though.
Which is why I tone down the brightness on mine.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i think im going to get it then. i was going to try and switch phones, but i figure id save money just paying 300 and no monthly fees, and generally blackberrys internet surfing is ****. so ill cary around this and my cell, not too bad.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's like the 386SX all over again...

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any other players out there with wi-fi ne better? what about the zen x-fi?

JAY13

Reaction score
I have one, it's a great alternative to a standard mp3. I have never been a fan of Apple anything, but I must give them credit for a great OS and excellent web browser.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics