• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ipod touch vs. ipod nano

Brian SD

Reaction score
It seems crazy to me to take a Nano over a Touch. I would take a Touch without question. It's a versatile device! Very versatile.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite is the shuffle. If I didn't have the iPhone, I'd get the Touch because you can play games on it and do everything except make phone calls basically.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lady at the apple store the other day said if you put skype on it with a headset it can double as a phone too, albeit only in areas of wifi access.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never realized mp3 players were the source of so much angst.

Toss it on ebay or open it up and use it already. Damn.

emptym

Reaction score
^ I know, and it was free.
shog[1].gif
But I hate wasting resources.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't feel so bad I am in the same boat. I am buying my first Mac, a MacBook Pro and it comes with the same deal.

I don't need the touch and kind of find it stupid in that it needs wifi access to use most of it's features. To me it's too clunky and large to be a decent mp3 player for running but then again you are getting a $250 device for free instead of a $75 shuffle (which I would honestly use more)

emptym

Reaction score
Ya, maybe my bro was right in the first place.

They're supposedly updating the line in a couple months. I think the final decision is to sell it and put the money toward a new version of the nano, which supposedly will be the same size but have a larger screen and a camera.

emptym

Reaction score
Oops, double post.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate, hate, HATE, my iPhone (works same as touch) as a music player. Really hard to skip tracks, or click back to hear the same one again without unlocking the danged thing. That and the need for a bare hand - totally blows if you're driving and wear driving gloves or you are walking in colder weather.

For a pda - touches rock. Great for surfing the web at home or visiting places with wifi. Really thought about getting one for dad, but will probably get him an ipad (or equivalent) in a year or two instead of a new laptop.

Much nicer for the things he'll care about like websurfing and email.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm on team nano. i have a touch and don't use it for anything but the music player, which is a mediocre experience. i had a nano that died in the washing machine and may consider selling the touch and getting a classic. my droid does anything i'd need the touch to do, and the fact that it's wi-fi only isn't a benefit to me at all.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney
I hate, hate, HATE, my iPhone (works same as touch) as a music player. Really hard to skip tracks, or click back to hear the same one again without unlocking the danged thing. That and the need for a bare hand - totally blows if you're driving and wear driving gloves or you are walking in colder weather.

I assume you are pre-3G? The 3-button remote on the headphone cable makes life way easier.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 3gs, have never used my original headphones. I will look for this mythical beast.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 3gs, have never used my original headphones. I will look for this mythical beast.

Not exactly mythical, LOL. It came right in the box--the original headphones have a 3-button remote. However, I find the originals a to be little inconsistent in button response. I keep them in my work bag as backup phones.

There are several aftermarket solutions. I have the Klipsch S4i phones which are discussed in another thread. V-Moda Remix is also a 3-button unit, and so are some of the Beats by Dre phones.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by retronotmetro
Not exactly mythical, LOL. It came right in the box--the original headphones have a 3-button remote. However, I find the originals a to be little inconsistent in button response. I keep them in my work bag as backup phones.

There are several aftermarket solutions. I have the Klipsch S4i phones which are discussed in another thread. V-Moda Remix is also a 3-button unit, and so are some of the Beats by Dre phones.

Thanks for this. Is there a similar solution for driving? Or would I have to use something like a headphone jack doubler?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Double click the home button and it brings up music controls even when locked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads