• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhones

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Who has one? Do you like it? Should I get one?

Main use - basic business. Calls texting calendaring tasks et al.

Contemplating it as I am deWindowsing my life, meaning that syncing my WM6 phone is going to be messy at best, and I really like being in sync. The iPhone will straight sync to my Mac, so would seem like a logical choice.

The 3G thing doesnt bother me (I live in Vietnam, we dont have 3G networks anyhow).

Most of the other complaints (multi-recipient SMS/forwarding SMS) seem to have been solved by 3rd parties.

Any field reports from users?

Any way to lock Slim out of the thread?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I don't need or want a cell-phone, I bought the ipod touch, which has all of the same features except for the calling function. The calender and notes programs are great. The notes program is probably my favorite function, seeing as that I always have to write something down, it keeps everything organized.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reviews all speak for themselves, although you may want to wait a couple of months for the next generation phones to appear.

Originally Posted by m@T
Who has one? Do you like it? Should I get one?

Main use - basic business. Calls texting calendaring tasks et al.

Contemplating it as I am deWindowsing my life, meaning that syncing my WM6 phone is going to be messy at best, and I really like being in sync. The iPhone will straight sync to my Mac, so would seem like a logical choice.

The 3G thing doesnt bother me (I live in Vietnam, we dont have 3G networks anyhow).

Most of the other complaints (multi-recipient SMS/forwarding SMS) seem to have been solved by 3rd parties.

Any field reports from users?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
one of the joys of having spent a decade in (mostly tech) PR is that I dont trust reviews....since basically they will come with a guide to all the wonderful things that you will notice on this product, very little on hidden bugs that the internal team are all well aware of and which reviewers probably wont notice without someone pointing it out, and importantly, are conducted on brand new devices that havent had time for the latent issues to sink in yet.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one and I love it. I use it to browse the web, view you tube, check emails and has a great keyboard that makes their text feature a breeze. I keep forgetting it's also an iPod, so I use it when I go to the gym.

lithium180

Reaction score
I am debating right now on whether to get an ipod or a blackberry. From what I've seen, web browsing on the Ipod looks far superior to that of the Blackberry, plus I like the idea of getting an ipod built in to the deal. The main thing that's throwing me off, however, is the touch keyboard, which looks like it would be cumbersome for writing emails.

Did it take you owners long to adjust to this or can you compare it to typing with a blackberry-style type pad?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
yeah, I have an HTC s620 now (T-Mobile Dash in the US) and I love the Blackberry style qwerty keypad. My gf insists I will hate the iPhone input method and shouldnt touch it.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
yeah, I have an HTC s620 now (T-Mobile Dash in the US) and I love the Blackberry style qwerty keypad. My gf insists I will hate the iPhone input method and shouldnt touch it.
I messed around with a Touch, I found the onscreen keyboard very fiddly. I would suggest you try it first; most owners mention that it takes a little while for you to adapt and for the phone to learn enough of your common mistakes. No substitute for a hardware keyboard. Edit: Have the new firmwares resolved the lack of MMS?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I wasn't going to say anything in this thread until I read this. It's like I was being summoned...
Originally Posted by m@T
1616176335_010b0d05ae.jpg
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I messed around with a Touch, I found the onscreen keyboard very fiddly. I would suggest you try it first; most owners mention that it takes a little while for you to adapt and for the phone to learn enough of your common mistakes. No substitute for a hardware keyboard. Edit: Have the new firmwares resolved the lack of MMS?
the HTC Touch? No, wouldnt go near it, my gf has it and loves it. I currently have this one:
s620-1.jpg
More questioning whether the iPhone's onscreen touchpad (which is no doubt way better than the HTC one, which is still stylus dependent) would annoy me.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
the HTC Touch? No, wouldnt go near it, my gf has it and loves it.
I think he was referring to the iPod Touch. Keep up here pal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics