• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone vs. Droid vs. Blackberry

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
what's this business of iphone on vzw ? will it cripple the network ? supposedly they're better equipped to handle it after witnessing what at&t went through. in any case, 4g speeds (not really up to strict standard of 4g, but let's just say faster than 3g) are around the corner and that means phones should be coming soon too. none of the posts addressed the new OS6 which is supposed to haul BBs out of the 19th century. too bad it isn't being deployed for all phones...

how do you do this without them finding out ???

Simply, Verizon can't tell if you're using a third party "Wireless Tether" app. As in, they can't see how you're using the data because it's directly from your phone, they won't see a difference between you just browsing the internet and tethering your data connection to an external device. They can at best assume that you're a HEAVY data user, but on an unlimited plan they have little room to be suspicious unless you're putting up RIDICULOUS numbers (Like using torrents to seed/download huge files). Then again, using something like Pandora or watching NFL Redzone all day like I did yesterday will put up big numbers in a legitimate fashion anyway.

In short, don't worry about it haha there are thousands of people doing this daily.

Droidforums.net -- Check it if you want to get into the rooting game. Great resource for getting started and for people answering any questions.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dune
Not that hard to "unroot" I think, never even rooted myself though. My Belgian carrier doesn't block mobile hotspots. Shouldn't be hard though to just go back to the factory settings.

There's software out there for one click root AND unroot for a lot of popular Android devices. I love how it just keeps getting easier lol.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of bb6 , ive installed 6 on my bold 9700 last night and have to admit it feels like a new phone.

Better browser, overall feel is much snappier and havent found any bugs sofar.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
iPhone for users who want a an easy to use phone without a lot of fuss

Android for more tech savvy people or people who want more options

Blackberry mainly for business and email

BP348

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Droid X has been upgraded to Android 2.2 yet?

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Watchaholic
Use a blackberry, used a Iphone 3GS before that and going to pick up a Droid phone next... who uses a phone more then 6 months - 1 year anyway ? Just get what you like the look off and if you aren't happy sell it and get another

iphone-vs-android-vs-blackberry.jpg

love the pic! I'm going on about 2 yrs with the bold and the f-in trackball is starting to give out.... I had the pearl before that. I use mine close to 95% for business.. emails mostly.

I've been looking at the iPhone.. $199 to get into the new one. I tend to type out lengthy emails on my BB so am I going to be frustrated with the touchscreen on the iphone? I have an iPod touch and I constantly fat-finger the letters when using the screen keyboard on it
frown.gif

dave333

Reaction score
droid has a gameboy emulator on it...

boredom? problem absolutely, completely, solved.

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave333
droid has a gameboy emulator on it...

boredom? problem absolutely, completely, solved.

has znes on it too.
satisfied.gif

suzuka

Reaction score
go with a droid phone, android is the operating system of the future

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
love the pic! I'm going on about 2 yrs with the bold and the f-in trackball is starting to give out.... I had the pearl before that. I use mine close to 95% for business.. emails mostly.

I've been looking at the iPhone.. $199 to get into the new one. I tend to type out lengthy emails on my BB so am I going to be frustrated with the touchscreen on the iphone? I have an iPod touch and I constantly fat-finger the letters when using the screen keyboard on it
frown.gif

I occasionally use the gf's iphone,the onscreen keyboard is good, but for lenghty emails i still prefer my bold. The phsycial keyboard is still better.

Fwiw the trackballs can easily be replaced and can be ordered for a few bucks online, allthough the trackpad on the newer bb's is a major improvement on that front.

olstudios

Reaction score
^the new bold's trackpad is amazing! I liked using the 9000 versus the 9700 though, the 9700 is smaller than the 9000.

I think right now the best option for the op will be def. android. The OS is clean and the hardware that is coming out on the new android devices is amazing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics