• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone: do you like it?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been thinking about asking for an iPhone for Christmas. Owners, what are your thoughts about it? Major pros/cons?

I really like the idea of third party apps and having a phone as a mini-computing platform.

I suppose the BB Storm would be an alternative.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i like it but i compare bberry and iphone as german cars vs. japanese cars.

iphone is easily banged up or broken but sexy and the apps are fun. email is an issue.

bberry is boring but always works and is durable. nothing about it is fun, despite the attempts of the new ad campaign.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, I dunno about BB always being reliable. My Pearl has had a few problems (I've had two or three different ones since I bought it late '07).

Kunk, what e-mail issues do you have?

Also, which BB model(s) have the largest screen?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what to think of it. Lacks a lot of features it seems,though I've never used a pda to be able to compare it fully. I just bought it because I now write games and apps for it.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Also, which BB model(s) have the largest screen?
I would assume the Storm. Since its a full face touchscreen.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much is an iPhone going to cost per month?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Your soul.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know how much I currently play for BB (Daddy foots the bill
blush.gif
), but I think it's the $30 data plan on top of a monthly charge. But I'm pretty sure it isn't $100 like the iPhone.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slim's scorn is so worth it though.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The old iPhone costs as much as your Pearl, while the new one is $10/month more.

I've owned both a Pearl and an iPhone. Compared to the Pearl, the iPhone is the next step. Its a great social device--with YouTube, Facebook, AIM, mySpace apps available--and its a good iPod too (especially with Pandora and Stitcher apps). Mobile Safari is easily the best browser available on a phone.

Cons: occaasional program crashes, uses iTunes to sync, only one application + iPod at a time. Also, try the keyboard out, its...different.

I also got my hands on the Storm recently. The screen is fully tactile: you touch an icon and click the whole screen to make a selection. Blackberry OS has a new look, but its the same slow, Java-based experience.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Mobile Safari is easily the best browser available on a phone.
Ever used Opera or Skyfire?

I frequent Howardforums and, by all accounts, Safari on the iPhone crashes quite a lot.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Ever used Opera or Skyfire?

I frequent Howardforums and, by all accounts, Safari on the iPhone crashes quite a lot.

I have no clue what Howardforums is, and I haven't used Opera or Skyfire.

The crashes are connected to how frequently you clear the cache. Safari is not great for power-browsing because of this, but I'm curious about whether such a mobile browser exists.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads