• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone belt case

Aspen20

Reaction score
Belt cases for cell phones are usually ugly monstrosities, and normally I wouldn't get caught dead with one. However I'm resigned to having to get a belt case for my iPhone because I have just enough stuff to carry to be too much for pockets, but not enough that I want to deal with carry a man purse.

Has anyone here found an iPhone belt case that looks good and is not overly expensive?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
cell_phone_belt.jpg

Aspen20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
cell_phone_belt.jpg

That's just bloody awful. A fashion crime, nay, a fashion felony.

And that's just the jeans.

butterflystyle

Reaction score
Here's a hint:

Carrying something on your belt is a 10x worse crime than those jeans.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
A tool belt for a tool...

EZ

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aspen20
Belt cases for cell phones are usually ugly monstrosities, and normally I wouldn't get caught dead with one. However I'm resigned to having to get a belt case for my iPhone because I have just enough stuff to carry to be too much for pockets, but not enough that I want to deal with carry a man purse.

Has anyone here found an iPhone belt case that looks good and is not overly expensive?

At what point are you carrying enough that the man purse comes into play?

Seriously, do you wear a coat every day? If so, maybe use the coat pockets for either the phone or the wallet or something. There's a small, lower pocket on many coats that your keys can go into, wallet in the back or front pocket, iphone in the inner breast pocket (?). What else ya got?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't seen any belt case that looks good.

Aspen20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
At what point are you carrying enough that the man purse comes into play?

Seriously, do you wear a coat every day? If so, maybe use the coat pockets for either the phone or the wallet or something. There's a small, lower pocket on many coats that your keys can go into, wallet in the back or front pocket, iphone in the inner breast pocket (?). What else ya got?

Unfortunately I'm often not able to wear a jacket (e.g. if I'm in Florida in summer), so it doesn't take much to fill up pockets. Two sets of keys (car keys are the worst offenders here), a wallet bulging with change and a cellphone are enough by itself. Throw in one of two more odds and ends and you get to thinking that maybe those belt cases aren't so bad after all. I just might do it.

Talk me down here, people.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aspen20
Unfortunately I'm often not able to wear a jacket (e.g. if I'm in Florida in summer), so it doesn't take much to fill up pockets. Two sets of keys (car keys are the worst offenders here), a wallet bulging with change and a cellphone are enough by itself. Throw in one of two more odds and ends and you get to thinking that maybe those belt cases aren't so bad after all. I just might do it.

There's your problem..... get a credit card holder and use credit/debit cards everywhere. I have not used bills or coins in well over a year, and that's just as far back as I can remember. Seriously.

And ditch all unnecessary keys. You only drive 1 car at a time, so why take multiple car keys? I have 1 drawer at work that I had fitted with a combination lock, and every day, I throw into that drawer the rest of my work-related keys - laptop docking station key, the key that opens the rest of my drawers and file cabinets, etc., so that I don't have to carry them to and from work. This way, you only have 2 keys to worry about - your car key and the key to your front door.

enginerd917

Reaction score
The suggestion for a card holder is the best advice imo. I switched to a card holder/money clip combo, got rid of keys I don't use regularly and carry my cell phone in my pocket. Phone in one, keys + card holder in the other, unless I'm wearing a jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads