• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone App to help us with WAYWRN

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Is this real? How much time would it take to photo every article in your closet?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this - how useful do you think an app would be that provides doods - both MC and S&D minded folks - suggestions on what to wear for various occasions? It would be a general applicable app. You always get people thinking what do I wear to an interview, or what is appropriate for business casual, or to a wedding, first date, nice restaurant, etc.? First they choose from a menu of events, you allow the user to choose their age, complexion, height, weight, face shape, etc. - stuff you can also find in something like Flusser. Give shoe recommendations etc. It doesn't have to be something specific in their closet, but something general like pair a navy blazer (then show a pic of one) paired with grey slacks, etc. Not sure something like this exists, but I think it would be helpful for a lot of folks.

Then you have ancillary functions like travel and packing related tips. Then, for example, you have something like a pocket square. Most guys don't even know where to get one or price range, then you can link to various stores or web sources, like sam hober or kent wang. Then have affiliates involved.

If you are aware of something like this already, mind directing me to it? Not that I need it, ahem.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I was just thinking about this - how useful do you think an app would be that provides doods - both MC and S&D minded folks - suggestions on what to wear for various occasions? It would be a general applicable app. You always get people thinking what do I wear to an interview, or what is appropriate for business casual, or to a wedding, first date, nice restaurant, etc.? First they choose from a menu of events, you allow the user to choose their age, complexion, height, weight, face shape, etc. - stuff you can also find in something like Flusser. Give shoe recommendations etc. It doesn't have to be something specific in their closet, but something general like pair a navy blazer (then show a pic of one) paired with grey slacks, etc. Not sure something like this exists, but I think it would be helpful for a lot of folks.

Then you have ancillary functions like travel and packing related tips. Then, for example, you have something like a pocket square. Most guys don't even know where to get one or price range, then you can link to various stores or web sources, like sam hober or kent wang. Then have affiliates involved.

If you are aware of something like this already, mind directing me to it? Not that I need it, ahem.

I think the coolguy app gets close to what you want.

I downloaded it (it's free), but have been way too lazy to photograph every article of clothing and put into the database. Maybe one day....

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i would be deathly afraid that someone would pick up my phone and see the app on it
laugh.gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
I think the coolguy app gets close to what you want.

I downloaded it (it's free), but have been way too lazy to photograph every article of clothing and put into the database. Maybe one day....

I'm looking at this as a money making venture, not that I want to help myself dress. This is more general, not about taking pics what's in your closet. Say you got a first date and you're going to a certain event and don't know what to wear (I'm talking mostly about non-SF people), you input a few things, then a few suggestions are spit out in picture format and some text explaining the choice and why it works and is acceptable, etc. Some you might have in your closet, others you won't, so it will give you guidance on what to buy. Then there can be some tutorials on shoes, etc.

Basically a more direct and user friendly version of info you can get from SF, Flusser or Esquire, cutting out the BS.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I'm looking at this as a money making venture, not that I want to help myself dress. This is more general, not about taking pics what's in your closet. Say you got a first date and you're going to a certain event and don't know what to wear (I'm talking mostly about non-SF people), you input a few things, then a few suggestions are spit out in picture format and some text explaining the choice and why it works and is acceptable, etc. Some you might have in your closet, others you won't, so it will give you guidance on what to buy. Then there can be some tutorials on shoes, etc.

Basically a more direct and user friendly version of info you can get from SF, Flusser or Esquire, cutting out the BS.

not a bad idea.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't already own the items, would the device advise you to purchase them? It seems aimed at the half-blind who care a lot, which might be a small market.

Rossini

Reaction score
^ I think unfortunately that might end up being the case, yes.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found this app on Google Play, can't get it to work though. Looks like it's not been updated in over three years, abandoned?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads