• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 6 (or 5s)

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The next phone will likely have the same exact design as the iPhone 5, but see some nice spec bumps. Likely called the iPhone 5S too.

In terms of the next real design change? Hard to think two years ahead as a lot can happen in the industry. Not sure it's worth speculating at this point.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah your probably right, ill change the title and keep the thread for iphone 6 speculations.

blairh

Reaction score

What are you expecting or what would you like to see?
Does anyone see the home button being moved to the side to allow for a larger screen?
Why wireless charging was not in the iPhone 5.

You know, I thought I was being clever and insightful when I thought to myself a few days ago how Apple should move the home button to the right side of the phone. Just a button like the sleep/wake button. Use the space where the home button is now for more screen real estate. It's really interesting that you had the same thought.

I'll be curious to see how long Apple sticks with a home button on the front of the device. I think it makes a lot more sense to place it on the right side where only the sim card currently resides. A buttonless screen makes more sense IMO down the road.

This is completely speculation of course and God knows what Apple is thinking. The fact that they put a home button back on the new Nano's maybe is a sign that they like the home button on the front very much. Who knows.

I'm excited to enjoy my iPhone 5 for the next 2 years. The next redesign is roughly 730 days away.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is completely speculation of course and God knows what Apple is thinking. The fact that they put a home button back on the new Nano's maybe is a sign that they like the home button on the front very much. Who knows.

I may be mistaken, but I really thought this was the case:

apple-ipod-nano-samsung-yp-p2.jpg

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wait so the new iphone is actually the iphone 5? so all that bitching and moaning about new iphone vs iphone 5 has been settled?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You guys are making my head hurt.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should stop banging your head against the wall then.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you expecting or what would you like to see?
Does anyone see the home button being moved to the side to allow for a larger screen?
Why wireless charging was not in the iPhone 5.

You know, I thought I was being clever and insightful when I thought to myself a few days ago how Apple should move the home button to the right side of the phone. Just a button like the sleep/wake button. Use the space where the home button is now for more screen real estate. It's really interesting that you had the same thought.

I'll be curious to see how long Apple sticks with a home button on the front of the device. I think it makes a lot more sense to place it on the right side where only the sim card currently resides. A buttonless screen makes more sense IMO down the road.

I'm excited to enjoy my iPhone 5 for the next 2 years. The next redesign is roughly 730 days away.

:slayer::slayer:

They should, the only purpose the home button serves is to exit from your application and go back to the main screen. They could easily have a spot on the screen or swipe that will do this. Taking a screen shot and siri would still be possible with the side button. BUT I would prefer if they put the button on the left side where the other buttons are.

wait so the new iphone is actually the iphone 5? so all that bitching and moaning about new iphone vs iphone 5 has been settled?

yes the new iphone is the iPhone 5, as for the conversation about the phone....well the thread is still going strong. :)

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iPhone 5s

What I expect:
  • NFC
  • A bit faster
  • Better battery life

What I'd like

• A much better GPS chip
  • 802.11ac

What you won't see
  • Wireless charging (they aren't going to change the port and then change to wireless right away)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not sure they can do NFC with the current design. Those lower power antennas take up a fair amount of surface area and the metal backing would block it. Likely won't see it till the 6 when they revamp the hardware again. Two years out.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I want the home button to pretty much stay where it is. I would need a significant speed bump (even faster response from the camera would be nice, GPS bump too) and maybe an even better camera and flash (possible?) if I were to upgrade from my 4S. A slight price drop would be nice but that seems doubtful. I have the feeling the 4S might be an iPhone I keep for even longer than 2 years, already one down.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wireless charging is overrated IMO, there have been many times that I need to talk on the phone while it is connected.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads