1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:lol:

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't own a car. Come to think of it the only time I am in them is when they are cabs.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I love these ads:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

:hide:

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Video not working, but I assume it's one of the new Samsung ads? If so, I have heard they are better then the old ones and don't focus so much on making fun of Apple users as those did? Have yet to see one of the spots.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Had a meeting by the local iStore so thought I would stop in and see if they had any inventory. Of course, they did not, and the experience was :fu: It's enough to make me think about cancelling my iOrder as I never want to have to deal with those mops...and the staff too.

6. patrickBOOTH

That's so crazy. I was walking by the Apple Store on Friday, there was barely a line and I was in and out. I have waited longer at Trader Joes than I did on Friday. Admittedly, they said all of the cheaper models were sold out.

7. Jr Mouse

Again, I don't get the Apple Store hate at all. So you have to talk to a hipster or two? Big deal. They still offer some of the best CS in the business. Plus I like the fact that the employees seem to actually enjoy their job, products they sell and company they work for.

--

First comment from Apple in regards to the scuffing:

This is from an email of SVP of Marketing Phil Schiller. http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/25/apple-svp-responds-to-scratchgate-claims-via-email/

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/25/apple...c-MacAllDay+(9+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence)

I'll let you all know if anything changes, but it looks like this is a real email. Keep in mind that this does not mean they won't replace your phone if it has scuffs straight out of the factory. Just that he is acknowledging that scuffs could happen over time.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  8. gort

gort Senior member

I made the mistake of wearing a blue shirt into an apple store once. I was asked by 4-5 people for help thinking that I was an employee.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I will visit an iStore in another city next time I travel just to see if my local iStore is an outlier. However, I assure you, the iExperience there sucks. And it's not just that fact it is overrun, both staff and customers, with hipsters. Some of my best friends are hipsters. (SWIDT?)

10. patrickBOOTH

I never know what people mean by hipster. It should be defined in terms of relativity just like humidity. For example, at work I am like 85% hipster, when in Williamsburg I am like 2% hipster.

2 people like this.
  11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Still not scratches!! *knock on wood*

Hoping my new case comes in tomorrow/Thurs!

12. Jr Mouse

You just reminded me of one of my all time favorite Improv Everywhere stunts. :laugh:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

13. Jr Mouse

Honestly curious on this, if we exclude the hipster factor, what is it you don't like at your local iFanboimart?

14. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

you're just another average 43.5% hipster

15. patrickBOOTH

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Warning: profane rant

First, always crowded. I just fucking hate crowds when I'm in a retail or buying situation. I want pretty immediate service. I also hate getting jostled or people breathing down my neck when I'm looking at inventory. Some greasy fingered schlub actually reached for the fucking demo phone I was holding this morning. Back the fuck off you entitled little fuck and you can grease it up when I'm done looking at it. And have the shit in your store I'm looking for. I know this is a big release but they often seem to not have what I'm looking for. Lastly, be able to change a fucking battery without wanting to keep my shit for a week to ten days. No, I'm not telling you my password either. WTF on that?

17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Yeah basically, for the most part. Though in California people tend to have more manners from my experience so far. I live in a bubble.

18. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

obtuse hipster lingo

19. patrickBOOTH

Wow, you sound like one of those obese women at Starbucks with pink accessories. :confused:

1 person likes this.
  20. patrickBOOTH

I was about to say, how many hipster points do I get for saying, "alas"?

You get like a million for dropping "fodder".