• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It's really that bad. I constantly hear their subscribers ***** about it but they seem to have very good pricing, both plan wise and device wise, so that's how they lure people in.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have not done a price comparison of them in a while, but thought they were close? From what I have seen, T-Mobile and Sprint are the ones actively trying to undercut the competition in pricing.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Well, was just about to pull the trigger but now I'll have to sit down and review my usage tonight and see what new plan they want to stick me with. It's not really a big thing, as work pays for my bill, but it's the ******* principle.

blairh

Reaction score
For new customers, I think AT&T has better plans for individual lines.

If you are a current Verizon customer you must purchase an unsubsized iPhone to keep unlimited. Current AT&T customers can keep their unlimited.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guys make sure you check if you are eligible for a corporate discount

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My IT guy just emailed me and said I can get everything I want to sync OTA to sync. I wonder if I put an appt. on the phone if it will sync back to my Outlook calendar though? That's a PITA with my current Android as it won't.

You can do this with Android via GoogleCalendar. You gotta download the Google Calendar Outlook Sync tool. Your appointments will be centralized in Google but will sync between your phone and PC.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My IT guy just emailed me and said I can get everything I want to sync OTA to sync. I wonder if I put an appt. on the phone if it will sync back to my Outlook calendar though? That's a PITA with my current Android as it won't.

You can do this with Android via GoogleCalendar. You gotta download the Google Calendar Outlook Sync tool. Your appointments will be centralized in Google but will sync between your phone and PC.

Thanks, Sonick. I'm going to live with this flaw vs. adding GoogleCalendar into the mix.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

For new customers, I think AT&T has better plans for individual lines.

If you are a current Verizon customer you must purchase an unsubsized iPhone to keep unlimited. Current AT&T customers can keep their unlimited.

guys make sure you check if you are eligible for a corporate discount

Good info, thanks guys.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pio, you shouldn't have any issues with Outlook syncing your CAL data both ways if your company is on Exchange. Apple added this as a feature years ago.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Pio, you shouldn't have any issues with Outlook syncing your CAL data both ways if your company is on Exchange. Apple added this as a feature years ago.

Thanks for the info. You've guys got my sold but I'll wait until I get home to pull the trigger so I can look at the pricing plans without my desk phone bugging me. That and I have to decided 32 or 16 gig.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He won't have any problems but the outlook categories will all become one color. He would then have to manually change the color of each category once its on his phone and IMO its a hassel.

Outlook:

Work (Red)
Family (Blue)
Mistress (Yellow)
Personal (Orange)

iPhone Calendar (once imported from outlook)

Work ( blue)
Family (blue)(
Mistress (blue)
Personal (blue)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You are obviously far more organized then I will ever be. :laugh:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. You've guys got my sold but I'll wait until I get home to pull the trigger so I can look at the pricing plans without my desk phone bugging me. That and I have to decided 32 or 16 gig.

IMO get the 16, unless you want to have your itunes library with you all the time. (But you said you have an ipod classic right?)

It doesn't make sense for me to get anything higher than 16 because my itunes library is over 100 GB so I would still have music left out. You probably won't download a crazy amount of apps since I doubt you care to have the latest hipster camera features installed. :) [I mean this in a jokingly manner, do not take offense]

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
updating my calendar is perhaps the only thing I ever use Siri for.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Piob - I thought you wanted IMMEDIATE AUTOMATIC syncing of your contacts? E.g. you put a new appointment in your calendar and, without having to hook up to your computer or use iTunes, it will automatically be added to your calendar right there on the spot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads