iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

Unlimited plans are gone on ATT and Verizon, man. If you want to get the subsidized hardware, that is.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

3. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

Ah, didnt hear of that development^ Too bad Verizon doesn't seem to be following suit.

4. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I couldn't care less about wireless charging - mainly because, as has been pointed out, it's slower than using a conventional charger and you can't pick the phone up and use it whilst it's charging.

However, I am disappointed by the lack of NFC technology for payments and other applications. NFC-enabled phones have been available in Japan for 7-8 years now, perhaps more, and they are very versatile. People use them as train passes, to pay for drinks, to transfer money and so on. It means that your phone can be turned into a virtual wallet.

The only drawback, of course, is that if you lose your phone or if it suddenly breaks, you are stuffed.

Nonetheless, whilst I don't know why NFC has taken so long to be adopted in "the West" as opposed to places like Japan, it's clear that its use is only going to increase from here on in and, given that Apple likes to portray itself as an innovator and game-changer, I was surprised to see that the latest iPhone doesn't include an NFC chip.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Straw man, fanboi. No one but you ever mentioned a recall.

6. blairh

blairh Senior member

The antenna issue was dealt with by providing bumpers and offering returns. Whether you purchased early or not was irrelevant. Antennagate did little to stop iPhone 4 sales after the issue was revealed.

It's clearly your mission to troll me in this thread. If you really want to shit on this thread over and over again by insulting me go ahead. You're just wasting everyone's time with you baseless jabs at me. Everybody else wants to discuss the iPhone 5. You just want to insult me for the sake of doing so. Everyone sees what's going on here. If you choose to continue this I will respond but this thread would be a lot better off if you stopped trolling.

7. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

8. Piobaire

You are trolling yourself. No one spoke of a recall except you. That's a straw man.

If you stopped being a fanboi you'd see that I'm leaning towards getting an iPhone. You're just a little too full of yourself to notice these kind of things.

So what will your response be as I'm on ignore? Another tirade telling me how I'm on ignore? Lulz.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  9. blairh

blairh Senior member

I can't contribute to this thread with you taking shot after shot at me for absolutely no reason. I have you on ignore but I keep seeing your posts if someone quotes you.

Again, your logic, like always, is totally fucked and convoluted. I said there was no reason to refrain from purchasing on day one. Even the antenna issue was resolved. I was adding that there was no recall.

You keep calling me a fanboi just for the sake of it. Just to get a rise out of me. It's insulting, and I'm not going to take it anymore. You simply will not fucking stop. The fact that you use the word 'lulz' really says it all.

You've made it where I don't even want to contribute on this thread anymore because you'll take another shot at me for no reason but to simply get a reaction out of me. That's what trolls do. That's what you are.

I'm not even mad. It's just becoming clear that you are making it impossible for me to be a part of this by your behavior. I guess that's what you want, and that's so fucking weird.

10. Piobaire

You're out of your league. Walk away and we'll call it a day.

I'm waiting to see if real life with the phone lives up to the hype. You feel this is "stupid." I think that's the stance of a fanboi but you spend your money as you want and I'll spend mine as I want. I want to talk with the folks at my car dealership and make sure it'll d/l and interact with my car's BT also.

11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    :foo:

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I think his point is that you're so full of yourself that you cannot even let the slightest comment pass, which Piob is having so much fun with because in fact he is getting a rise out of you.

Or you are trolling and purposely responding to shit up this thread yourself and in that case makes a little sense since no one quoted his last post and yet you're replying.

It's all a little weird and fishy from your back and forth comments. Either way, if you really do care what he says, blair, the question is why do you care so much? Unless what Piob is saying has some truth to it, fanboi. Yes/No?

13. blairh

blairh Senior member

Out of my league? What the fuck are you talking about?????

I feel this is stupid because you keep calling me a fanboi and saying the dumbest shit ever to me.

I don't give a shit why you personally are holding off on purchasing an iPhone. I was speaking in general terms and stating that holding off because of 'issues' with the phone is pretty silly. But, that, of course, went completely over your head.

14. Piobaire

It's funny how you speak in "general terms" that appear to be direct replies. :laugh:

When you're not building straw men that is.

Toasty: exactly. Thanks for noticing.

15. blairh

blairh Senior member

How exactly am I full of myself?

I shouldn't care what he says. But when I come on here and am forced to see him insult me (by reading his words when people reply to what he wrote) I get really tired of it. He's clearly trolling me. I don't know why this is even allowed on this forum. He's just shitting on this thread over and over again. I'm not going to take it.

No, I'm not a fanboi. As I've already stated in this thread, recently I started prior threads for the One X and SIII.