iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Thanks, B. Now time to go read up on Go Daddy where I have my personal email domains and see how to send mail out from an iPhone on secureserver.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Is it weird that I don't mind hipsters? :embar:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  3. ama

ama Senior member

No, I don't mind them either. Plus, they are so non-confrontational that if you need to budge them you just tell them "menacingly" and they acquiesce.

4. blairh

blairh Senior member

How do you figure this? Aren't you going to have to wait until your iPhone 5 ships to your house? Which won't be until after the lines clear from your AT&T store?

I think what you'll have to do is return your white iPhone 5, after you receive it, at your local AT&T store, which I'm guessing at the earliest will be in the mid to late afternoon on Friday. By then the AT&T store will have sold out of their first stock of phones and you'll have to wait until they get more in. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I don't see how you can receive your white iPhone 5 and return it for a black, all on Friday.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I am sure he can find a carrier in-store who may still have a few in stock. Never followed the movement of Apple when new products come out so not sure or convinced that it will get sold out immediately i.e. millions of people standing in line for the phone. Trying to give Frog some hope but 'lol

His first mistake was opting for the white iPhone 5. LOL

6. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

+1

I told him to go with black but NOOOOOOO. lol

I will be stopping by the apple store on the release date so you're not alone frog. :)

Some of you have me paranoid now, I am not sure if I should wait for a month to see if any problems arise or just buy it on release day.

7. blairh

blairh Senior member

GreenFrog I hope it works out for you on Friday but I think the chances are slim. The problem you have is that you need to wait until you physically receive the iPhone until you can return it. By the time you receive it, you then face the challenge of finding a store with iPhone 5's still in stock. I don't know. I'll be curious to see how it works out for you. You need to bank on finding a store that has stock otherwise you'll probably have to wait a few weeks.

I think waiting a month to see if there are any problems with the new iPhone is pretty stupid. There has never been a recall in the past. Any software problems were fixed with an iOS update. If you want an iPhone 5, you should order online now or wait in line on Friday.

8. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Order the phone in black now so it will be on it's way. Don't wait unless you have the time to get there early this Friday and wait. You won't get one sooner unless you wait in line at a store. If you wait to order after receiving the white one, there will be a weeks worth of orders ahead of you. Return white phone when you get it, they will be glad to have another one to sell. You could also sell your white phone to someone who is eager to get one.

The white is better looking than the black

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, because there was never an issue with say, how to hold the damn thing so you could actually get a phone call on the 4? Fanboi.

10. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

the only thing that won't sync in Outlook is Notes.

11. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:lol:

:plain:

:lol:

12. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Latest post on macrumors has geekbench scores. A6 chip more than twice as fast as old chip. I'm all for better performance and compatibility over features I seldom use.

13. blairh

blairh Senior member

The antenna issue led to free bumpers. There was no recall.

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i hate ATT as much as anyone, but that statement is false.

when going from the 3GS to 4S, i simply reupped my existing "unlimited" plan for 2 years. no need to go to a different data set.

15. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

+1 I messaged a buddy of mine and he has been on the same data plan for years. Don't let the ATT reps screw you over.