iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Like the iPhone or not, no other phone would garner 750 comments.

2. b1os

b1os Senior member

3. dcg

dcg Senior member

I consider this a huge point in Apple's favor. Really wish someone would make a high-end Android phone with a 4" screen.

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Some of the best parts of the lumia aren't revealed by that table. There's no line for optical image stabilization, wireless charging, or the fact that you can use the screen with gloves on, all of which the 920 has but nobody else does. There's also no mention that the lumia has a faster lens than the iphone f/2 vs f2.4. OIS is definitely the biggest advantage for lumia though. Already there are videos from the launch of people doing side-by-side comparisons of both stills shooting and video and it makes a big difference. Hopefully it will be enough to gain awareness once MS launches the windows 8/windows phone 8 campaigns.

5. b1os

b1os Senior member

My shitty razr has 4.3". I have big hands and it can get difficult to use with one hand (but it works). But really, nowadays with all the pinching and typing you gotta have a free second hand anyhow.

6. otc

otc Senior member

Yeah, I am desperately clinging to my captivate (galaxy S). I think I already said this on this forum, but I am *really* hoping that apple succeeds in marketing the fact that their taller-but-not-wider screen is a good thing since it can still be comfortably used in one hand...

edit: unfortunately the problem is that 50% of the consumers are women who can keep it in their purse and 50% of the remainder are dudes in baggy pants who have room for a giant phone in their pocket. That's why I think "easy to use with one hand" will appeal since sure, a girl could fit a 7" screen in her purse, but she's going to have trouble using that with smaller hands.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

7. blairh

blairh Senior member

Because that fucking matters to me?

8. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

my bill is $0 a month :cool:

yeah 30 USD is too much. I will probably buy new cables anyway.

:( I have a 4s and probably going to upgrade

So what do you guys want to see in the next iphone? :nest:

I might just start another thread...

Why the iPhone does not have wireless charging.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

true dat. maybe i should get in line on the 21st wearing my slimmest, ball hugging Incotex to make sure iPhone 5 does not interfere with SF aesthetic

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

news today that Sharp has caught up on production of the iP5 screens, so hopefully it won't be a LONG wait to order if you miss out on the pre-order window.

11. sonick

sonick Senior member

How much thickness would NFC and wireless charging have added to the product? Samsung was able to fit both (well, wireless-charging-ready) on the S3 and it is only .04" thicker. Is that .04 such a huge difference? Same argument with weight. Seems it's just being used as an excuse for something else why they didn't add those features.

And honestly, I find my S3 TOO thin and light to the point where it is a bit difficult to hold and even feels cheap when you first pick it up and feel how light it is. I actually would prefer if my S3 were a tad heftier and a bit thicker.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

13. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Apple's new human interface guidelines. :laugh:

[​IMG]

14. millionaire75

millionaire75 Senior member

So I have a piece of sh*t blackberry and am finally ready for a smartphone (contract is up for renewal as well). Get the new iphone 5 or get a 4s for cheaper or the free 4???? I'm sure any would be a major step up from my Curve POS.....

15. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I've never pre-ordered / bought an iphone right at launch before, are there limited quantities during the pre-order window? Does stock run out?