• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

blairh

Reaction score

Calm done, mate. I brought the Lumia into play (wireless charging). You immediately criticized (or so it seemed to me) the thickness and wheight. I brought another phone into play that is light and thin. And even a thinner one. What are you trying to tell me? That a 300€ phone is "worse" than a 700€ phone? If so, I can more often than not agree with you. It's not about whether a smartphone is worse than others, it's just about the general development that's taking place.
???
Who said "your phones" were second best? Even if "we" did, you shouldn't care less. We were simply talking about the new features in the new iPhone. I understand that examining an iPhone critically can create a lot of hate from the supporters. I thought this thread was meant to discuss about the latest edition, to compare it with other smartphones, with older versions, with whatever the **** one wants to. And not to just approve. But I get it.

Actually in my first post today post keynote I said a wider screen, like the one on the 920, would have been awesome. You need to read better.

When I posted about the weight and width of the 920, it was not directed at you. I was just making an observation in general.

Your Droid phone is irrelevant. You conveniently picked the thinness part and failed to mention the thick top portion. I really don't think comparing your Droid to the iPhone 5 makes any sense. If you want to bring up Droid's you need to mention the most recent ones unveiled last week.

You seem wildly confused here and I honestly have no desire to engage in whatever the hell you are trying to talk about. Like I already said, I don't care if someone is or is not impressed with the iPhone 5. I also think the competition is pretty weak currently.

Willie5566

Reaction score

Who said "your phones" were second best? Even if "we" did, you shouldn't care less. We were simply talking about the new features in the new iPhone. I understand that examining an iPhone critically can create a lot of hate from the supporters. I thought this thread was meant to discuss about the latest edition, to compare it with other smartphones, with older versions, with whatever the **** one wants to. And not to just approve. But I get it.
Edit: This, by the way, is, what I meant with impressive marketing. I mean come on, you're talking about a freaking smartphone. You sound like I/we've insulted your daughter.

I am not suprised that my post is lost on you. Who said the iPhone is second best? It is implied when you and other trolls start posting the specs of your phone or the latest edition of the Droid which will be replaced in a week by another Droid. Read the thread title again. Tell me which part of the title says come post the specs of your non-iPhone. Which part says let's compare all phones?

I will try to be clearer for you-I do not give a **** what you or other phone users think. Clear enough? I will be getting the iPhone 5 regardless if it does not have a 20 mp camera. Regardless of you and others that come here to try to take shots at the phones specs. My post was questioning why you are here in the first place. If you want to discuss the iPhone 5 go for it but drop the hidden agenda. No one cares what specs your phone has. Start a Razr thread and see if you get more than 3 people to give a ****.

svelten

Reaction score
Sold AAPL today. Not convinced by this launch, would rather just take in profits now. I lived under a rock I guess especially since I invested into the company but I was expecting more.. something that would lead me to confidently ride it out until the $700 mark.

This is not it. Better camera, faster processor, bigger screen but really the same damn phone. One could argue why mess with a good thing? But when you have Samsung creeping up your ass in sales (The Galaxy S3 LTE will still smoke this phone), a host of other viable android competitors including Motorola and HTC combined with the fringe chance of WP 8 or Blackberry 10 hitting a home run, any more of this rinse and repeat incremental upgrading next year and we may begin to witness the slow fall of Apple.

Last edited:

Willie5566

Reaction score
:facepalm:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you facepalming about your comment about the desirable 20mp cam?

Sorry, couldn't miss out on that. I'm outta here now.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need the iPhone 5 now...

Current phone just completely died. What a POS Samsung model this is.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will be on board with this most likely.
You looking at just the 16GB and which carrier are you with? I have AT&T and considering the 32GB myself. First smart phone! YAH

I'm thinking 32gb on Sprint, not entirely sure on phone size though.

iphone 5 = meh
The best thing about it are its physical dimensions. everything else is bested by the competition.

Except the stability iOS offers. It's the one thing that's keeping me toward an iPhone instead of a droid-based product. I don't want to buy a new phone every year because it bricks the phone; I run my phones into the ground. I'd rather hang on to an iPhone for 5 years and then get a new one, knowing that Apple has a history of testing iOS on at least the last few major models.

JM/any apple-bros: Does this phone actually ******* support universal music standards (ie: FLAC) yet?

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks good. Seriously considering moving from Iphone to something new though. Itching to get reacquainted with Nokia. Will need to see the new Lumia in person first though. Will probably compare the two in person come November.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll buy one. But not until after January. I want all the bugs out. If my 4 conks out before then, I'll reactivate my Motoming. But now to make the sim card fit...

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me. I'll be picking one up for sure.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll buy one. But not until after January. I want all the bugs out. If my 4 conks out before then, I'll reactivate my Motoming. But now to make the sim card fit...

is anyone else waiting?

I was going to pre order on the 14th but I had not considered this. :/

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh. If my 4s were to break today, I'd probably look at the Lumia or Droid offerings.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone considering going white? Have always bought black phones, but was thinking the white model might be a nice change. Would certainly stand out from the crowd as you dont see them around as much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads