• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
At a certain thinness devices like this become awkward to hold and usability suffers. Not that I think Apple is there yet based on these leaked prototype images, but I have to disagree that thinner is always better for phones.

blairh

Reaction score

At a certain thinness devices like this become awkward to hold and usability suffers. Not that I think Apple is there yet based on these leaked prototype images, but I have to disagree that thinner is always better for phones.

Personally I have never held or used any smartphone and felt it was too thin. When that day comes I'll say so. Until then I want the iPhone and its competition to get thinner and lighter.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Personally I have never held or used any smartphone and felt it was too thin. When that day comes I'll say so. Until then I want the iPhone and its competition to get thinner and lighter.

Ok, I get you. Was just pointing out that at a certain point these devices could get too thin. With the way technology is advancing, I wouldn't be surprised if we hit that wall soon enough.

Sept 12th sounds about right to me too.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What is all of this hubbub about it being $800? That is cool and all, but I'd much rather it be $1,000 or $1,200.

blairh

Reaction score

What is all of this hubbub about it being $800? That is cool and all, but I'd much rather it be $1,000 or $1,200.

This $800 iPhone rumor was probably started by some 15 year old kid in the Kansas.

The pricing of the next iPhone will be identical to the 4S.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping it would be super expensive so I don't have to camp outside the Apple store with all of the riff-raff for 3 months after relsease date.

blairh

Reaction score

Damn, I was hoping it would be super expensive so I don't have to camp outside the Apple store with all of the riff-raff for 3 months after relsease date.

That made me laugh.

I don't understand why people bother waiting in line. Just pre-order the damn thing online. That's what I'm planning on doing.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm having problems with Apple so I'm essentially being forced to sell my iPhone 4S 32GB. The one I currently have is unlocked to Sprint (only works on Sprint but works with anyone internationally) but I can get a brand new one that would work only with Sprint. If anyone is interested in either please let me know.

blairh

Reaction score

I'm having problems with Apple so I'm essentially being forced to sell my iPhone 4S 32GB. The one I currently have is unlocked to Sprint (only works on Sprint but works with anyone internationally) but I can get a brand new one that would work only with Sprint. If anyone is interested in either please let me know.

I don't understand why you are selling your iPhone. Problems with Apple?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I don't understand why you are selling your iPhone. Problems with Apple?

Its kind of a convoluted story and I'm caught between Sprint and Apple. Its just easier to sell it and start over fresh with an unlocked 5 or something else. Ooh, that reminds me, I've still got AppleCare on it. Need to update my ad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics