1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

forgive me. i'll try harder to pay attention to your failures in the future.

2. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

Having used the Samsung Note 2 for a bit, iPhone feels about 2 generations behind. There is no way I could go back at this point.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

No shit. Why? I saw it in the store the other day and I was pretty impressed. Didn't get to try out any of the 'note' features but the size, screen, etc. all seemed very nice.

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Jesus Cal you are so awkward

5. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:plain:

It's how I communicate :)

I'm not like this in real life, most of my bs on here is for the lawlz but apparently I fail.

6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Cal, by any chance do you have Asperger's Syndrome?

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

I'm coveting that Note 2 ...even though my contract on this old iPhone 4 isn't up until August....problem is....Apple got me locked into their stuff pretty good. Wasn't the App Store, it was AirPlay. I just can't live w/o AirPlay now.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

The unlocked iP5 just popped up on the online store. 1 week ship notice. I scheduled mine for pickup locally. Will report back!

9. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:slayer:

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

well, its gone live, so the cat's out of the bag. my pickup is waiting for me at the store. finally.

11. javyn

javyn Senior member

The 99 cent rubber bumper from Hong Kong just came in....lost the Otterbox for my iP4, it's like having a new phone almost! Now it goes in my pocket!

12. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

I've been using this for the last couple of weeks. http://simplism.jp/en/products/iphone/flip_note_style_1/index.html

Overall it works well. Being made for Japanese, it opens backwards, but that's a big plus as it allows the volume and mute buttons to remain available for use when closed. Unlike some similar cases it adds little bulk. Unfortunately in execution the materials look rather cheap.

I'm still waiting for somebody like Master Piece or Valextra to make a high quality leather shell for the iPhone 5.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

anyone bought a case they've been happy with yet? any switcheasy owners?

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I love my Poetic Atmosphere. The back has gotten a few scratches (mostly from me spinning it on its back, a bad habit) but at ~$10 I don't mind replacing it should it get too bad.

Not my photo
    [​IMG]

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

And the bullshit continues. Want to get T-Mobile service? Can't. Why? Cause you need to order the nano sim on the internet. Want to do that? Can't. Why? Cause they're out of stock. Want to sign up for the pay as you go monthly plan? Can't. Why? Cause the only plans that use the nano sim's are plans that make you sign up for a contract.

16. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

breaking news: t-mobile doesn't have iPhones.

sorry, correction:
    breaking news? Oh yeah, t-mobile doesn't have iPhones.

1 person likes this.
  17. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

18. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

But, hey, go ahead and keep it up. Apparently my name switched to GreenFrog while I wasn't looking and you think this cunty shit will fly.