• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Colors on my screen seem wonky. Dunno if it's just me, but everything looks a little dingy, like there's a 70s filter on the whole thing.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Douglas, with all the issues you're posting about, it sounds like you have a defective phone. I'd get a replacement (that will come with more scuffs out of the box).

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
it's probably user error.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My iPhone does not seem to like my home wifi network. Is it me?

It sees it, but when I click to join it, it just says "Unable to join network FANBOI." No options, no explanation, nothing. Old iPhone has no problem connecting, even now. I'm posting this from a laptop running on the same network.

Any ideas?

At the request of AT&T I had to change from their DSL service to U-Verse and get a new router with a new password. My laptop goes to the old address occasionally and I get that message. Have to open network preferences and choose the correct network to join. Have you checked that it is accessing the correct network?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why?

Was there an incentive to upgrade?

Did they pay for the upgrade?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for ignoring me in the other thread frog. :plain:

Last edited:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Why?

Was there an incentive to upgrade?

Did they pay for the upgrade?

No and kinda. When the contract was up they were phasing out the DSL service in this area and upgrading everyone to u-verse. I think that was it, maybe some other reason, I can't remember. They set up the account and put me on paperless billing without my knowing. Two months went by without paying a bill and they turned the service off. When I called AT&T the rep investigated and said it was their fault and compensated me by cutting my rate in half for a full year.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Okay, I can enter a new appt. on my handset and it updates to my Exchange server Outlook Calendar. This was the one bug my Android had and I am happy this new phone does what it's supposed to do in this regard.

Also, the Sbux app was cool this morning. I loaded $50 onto it, entered my favorite Sbux, and it was open when I pulled my phone out to pay with it.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if the Foxconn strike/riot/debacle is going to affect current orders. I bet they can just hire some new slave labor and get it running again.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Okay, I can enter a new appt. on my handset and it updates to my Exchange server Outlook Calendar. This was the one bug my Android had and I am happy this new phone does what it's supposed to do in this regard.

That's a pretty massive bug. Did you have to manually sync or did it just not work at all?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I can think of very few circumstances where a man would need to use emoticons.. and even then, it's questionable.
I was looking at my old texts to a girl I had a fling with two summers back and I just face palmed at my overwhelming usage of emoticons. I felt so ******* embarrassed for myself hahahaha.
But Piob's married, so I guess he can send his wifey some cute emoticons and leave it at that. Different situation, I guess.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

sounds like you *were* doing it right. Now you are doing it wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads