• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I really like the simple aluminum case from exovault,

When you read up about their cases or view the youtube videos, it's pretty common to lose a bar or two or three of service when the case is on. Brass cases are worse about this than the aluminum. Have only seen the brass on a clients phone. Users love them or hate them but they look great.
You have to screw the case together when it's on the phone. If my CC reader wouldn't fit with the case on then I would have to unscrew the case to remove it. Too much hassle.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting considering the regular housing is made of aluminum as well.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, go figure. If you go over there, ask them what gives with the poor service comments.

This is beautiful work

The only case I can't get is made from kryptonite, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I will see if they are "open to the public" but their website says this:

About Reception

We test out our iPhones in all of our cases but in some areas reduced reception or spotty reception is more apparent with the brass case. If you feel like you live in an area or use your phone throughout areas with spotty reception we suggest you purchase an aluminum case. All colors and styles of aluminum prove to have consistently better reception than our brass versions. We made the brass because we love its beauty and most people won’t have any problems, though we cannot guarantee this for everyone. Our brass cases have been our biggest sellers and most customers are happy and continue to buy a second (or third) brass case, but if you are worried about this we suggest the aluminum. If you do want to try the brass, I’m sure you will LOVE it, but if it isn't’t the case for you, you are welcome to exchange it or return it with in a week or so of receiving it.

The wood cases are really beautiful, however, you people might make fun of me for this, but since I don't wear brown shoes, or anything brown for that matter I am against getting the wooden case for matching purposes... :embar: Maybe if they had an ebony case I would get that one...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The wood cases are really beautiful, however, you people might make fun of me for this, but since I don't wear brown shoes, or anything brown for that matter I am against getting the wooden case for matching purposes... :embar: Maybe if they had an ebony case I would get that one...

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Get this in Blackened Ash from casemate

lower cost, wood back, aluminum sides that follow the shape of the phone. They make this in zebrawood too

Last edited:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Would you prefer an alligator or polo logo?

Last edited:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aluminum

Black and brass

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Totally serious. It is well documented on Style Forum.

Was not aware. I'm sorry you have this issue. Perhaps in time you will feel comfortable enough to seek help. :confused:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads