• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Serious. Used more for texting this week than phone. Used maps and check email when I'm not at home or work. used the camera some. Spent time online with a few apps. Run CC charges thru the iPhone.

Less use this week because I'm not traveling and have a computer and land line handy most of the day.

Here's a screen shot showing usage and the time since the last charge. Used the phone about 1 hour each day.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually I can confirm that. I remembr seeing 5 and 5 and I probably did not have to charge since I first got it Thursday 9/21 till the following mid to end of week.

I just charged it full yesterday evening again so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How fast is your battery running out?

on a full charge at 6 am, it's almost gone by early afternoon, let's say 2-3 pm. that's with fairly heavy, but not at all constant LTE use. my usage statistics say I've sent 70mb and received 600 mb since I got the phone on launch day. let's say I also do about one hour per day of phone use over wi-fi

edit - I am ok with the external battery pack solution but my previous mophie case was rubbish. didn't really charge my iPhone 4 as expected and died pretty fast. I'm basically looking for alternatives, or should I give mophie another chance?

Drain the battery and the charge it a couple of times. Don't charge until in the red, see if this helps. If not, you may have a defective phone and I would advise you to return it.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Drain the battery and the charge it a couple of times. Don't charge until in the red, see if this helps. If not, you may have a defective phone and I would advise you to return it.

Will do, thanks fellow fanboi :inlove:

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with battery life on the 4s? Ever since I jail breaked it it drains and even after the reset issues continued. Im taking about 1-2 hours of playing/using apps and battery its almost gone.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will do, thanks fellow fanboi :inlove:

:embar:

Anyone having issues with battery life on the 4s? Ever since I jail breaked it it drains and even after the reset issues continued. Im taking about 1-2 hours of playing/using apps and battery its almost gone.

Not that severe but my battery does not last as long as before.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Run CC charges thru the iPhone.

Do you use Square for your business? I wish my tailor could do something more convenient like that.

Had an iPhone 3S until last week and used a sleeve style card reader. Would slip phone into the sleeve and connect with the 30 pin. Can't use the sleeve with the new connector on the 5 so they sent me a square style reader that connects thru the audio port. I preferred the sleeve. It's awkward with the audio port on the bottom of the phone. Have to swipe the card when the device is upside down and reverse the phone to enter information prompts.

It's a practical convenience to use this. Can swipe cards on the go or in any city or do them manually on the phone without the reader. Been using this for about 2 years with no issues.

The battery on my phone never went dead. Checked about 2 AM last night and it was at 1%. Charge lasted 5 days 19 hours at that point with 1% charge to go. Went ahead and charged it so the battery would be full this morning.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So have we all discovered the tape deck animation in the Podcasts app?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
negative

paging fanboi JM, paging fanboi iPio!!!

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm here. :happy:

Can report that my IPhone 4 does have battery issues with the recent software update. The curious thing is that it seems to me that it may be lasting as long on a charge as before? So it could be a bug with how it reports the battery life and not indicative of the actual life. Not sure yet, but I'll report back if I find out anything.

Podcast app is ugly and laggy. Not Apple's finest moment.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:)

A little, next time I would appreciate a good morning.

My battery life was really good yesterday, lets see how today goes. Last week it sucked. Maybe it's just psychological :paranoia:

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if I decide to ditch Sprint and go with Verizon, will all my apps and settings automatically be downloaded to the new phone once I sign in with my Apple ID? I'm backing up daily to iCloud.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads