1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

I wouldn't put up with a manufacturing defect like that. Take it in and see if you can have it exchanged.

3. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Change the channel of your wifi, change the encryption, choose either tkip or AES. Don't use the n-speed of your router (or have it on the automatic setting) but set it fixed at g or b. One of these should do it. Check your user manual on how to approach the router interface. (specific ip adress with username and password, best tried with a computer on a lan-cable). I don't have an iPhone, but my gf has a 3gs and it was a pain in the ass to connect at first.

Have you tried removing the settings of your original network, old timer?

4. Jr Mouse

I'd check your router firmware. There are often bugs that get fixed and performance enhancements over time from the manufacturer. FWIW, my iPhone has connected to my home router just fine. Never have any issues. I currently have a router from ASUS.

5. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Yes, but we're not talking about your phone/router (settings) situation. Those settings can matter with all sorths of devices, even with an iPhone.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  6. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Did it now, thanks for the reminder. All good now

1 person likes this.
  7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Fixed for Piob's sanity

8. Jr Mouse

To be fair here, it's going to take time for developers to adjust to the new screen. Most apps are letter-boxed for now, but that will change. I will say that the widescreen ratio makes video watching much more enjoyable. I expect it to be a help with gaming too. A lot of games played in landscape put the controls on the sides. The new screen will provide much more room for them while not obscuring the game's action.

9. gort

gort Senior member

You have a text conversation from 2 years ago still saved?

Also surprised how long it took for someone to point out you can do native emoticons without an app.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yup.. I pretty much have all my text conversations since when I got my first iPhone, which was back in 2008. It's fun to go back and read some of the shit you used to say.

11. Jr Mouse

It's because grown men don't normally use them . :nodding: ;) :satisfied: :hide: :embar:

12. gort

gort Senior member

Yikes. Talk about evidence! :embar:

13. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

Holy FUCK.

I just tried catching up on this thread and can't even stomach it. Thanks Pio for being the biggest ass clown I have ever encountered. Really. Fuck the due diligence part. You basically bought a phone and now are coming here regularly bashing said phone and wanting people to hold your fucking hand. FUCK OFF and do your OWN research. There is plenty of information online and with 20k+ posts it appears you are no stranger to the internet. You know there are other sites that are out there right? Better yet get to an apple store and take a class with the rest of the geriatric fucks that have their head up their ass. I know you can't deal with the hipsters. Tough SHIT. Apple offers free live and in person support and service something your piece of shit Android does not and you want to bash it?

As for Android I have news for you it's not just apple that does not have a lot of the features your prima dona ass wants. I have an HTC through work and it is a piece of shit. My advice-If you are so fucking happy wit your Samsung stay with Samsung. Google: proprietary technology. There are lots of phones out there that will not do everything your 2 year old phone does. It is 2 years old right? You did not make that clear enough.

I love Droid fans that are so high on their phones and yet have to plan their day around where the nearest outlet is. I have a couple of freinds that swear by their phones and yet every time they come over they have a charger in hand and are running for the outlet to the nearest charger. I realize the Razr has descent battery life but that is certainly the exception in the Droid world.

JM you have the patience of a Saint. You are also an enabler.

I guess I need to figure out how to return my phone now. Totally bummed that I can't toggle between arial and calibri fonts. Day ruined.

1 person likes this.
  14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Hey, Willie? Put me on ignore and fuck off yourself, m'kay?

1 person likes this.
  15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I would agree with this. It can get a bit wonky on names and stuff but that's understandable. All in all having it send out short texts it's pretty good. Dictating a short text through the car's BT is not bad. Another related feature I like is the three pre-loaded texts you have a choice from when you do not want to answer a call. Telling someone you're in a meeting and will call back later is nice.

Battery life yesterday was acceptable. Left the house at 5:30am and got back around 9:30pm with 34% left. I'll take that.

16. Jr Mouse

:laugh: Holy shit this thread keeps delivering.

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Mouse, stop enabling!

Btw, that work around you found to mark all mail as read is great. Still think it's silly one needs to employ a work around like that but it works.

18. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

I would never ignore you pio. This forum was built to hold your fucking hand. Wouldn't miss that for the world. How can we help the spoiled entitled forum brat today?

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I'll just PM you with help requests.

20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Pour Mouse. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.