1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

It's a nice feature and I wouldn't mind it being added down the line to the iPhone. My point to Pio was that it's not that big of a deal and certainly not a feature worth getting your panties into a knot over losing when switching platforms.

The whole purple haze thing is looking to be a non-issue. It can happen, but any point and shoot camera has potential of it showing. That goes for other cell phones and th iPhone 4S. Another case of people making a mountain out of a mole hill.

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/09/26/the-iphone-5s-camera-suffering-purple-haze-flaw-not-fast/

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/6867454450/quick-review-apple-iphone-5-camera/3

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

My point about the picture thing is Samsung's commercial where the iFolk are in line and talk about how maybe the next iPhone will have current features of the Samsung. It's a whole bunch of little useability features missing that add up to really an experience that is not superior as the iHype actually led me to believe. Again, I admit I bought the iHype.

How about emoticons when texting? The native text client of my Samsung you just hit a button and a scrollable list of expressions pops up, you hit the one you want, and it gets inserted into your texting. Anything like that possible with this?

3. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

This is a joke? Right?

Emoticons were supposed to be improvised and personal. Now there's this prefab puppies crap for kids. You want this on your Serious Phone?

Who needs emoticons when you can dictate texts? Data charges might be an issue but hey.

4. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

there is an app called "emoji" that will allow you to select emoticons.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  5. the shah

the shah Senior member

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/emoji-free!/id332509635?mt=8

6. otc

otc Senior member

Wait...the iphone really doesn't do this? Wasn't that one of the features of the first camera phones? Use the camera to take a picture of a contact. I know my razr had this. Android phones seem to have just extended it by automatically pulling in people's gchat icons or facebook photos if you let your lists talk to each other.

As others have said...emoji seems to be the cool thing on iphones. One thing to remember...anything you could pick up from that menu probably just looked like a normal smiley or some stupid characters on other people's phones. I have the same basic phone as you (but flashed with Cyanogen Mod 7) and with swype, all I get are some automatic smileys that replace the basic :) :-( ;-)
    When someone sends those same smileys to me, the phone replaces them with the icon, but if someone with an iphone tries to send me some emoji crap, I just get question marks and square boxes.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

you can have pictures assigned to contacts. you just can't have the pictures show up next to the contact in the contact list unless you have a jailbreak app.

9. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

:):D :slayer::happy::nodding::satisfied::bigstar:

I'm quite sure I can live without my SMSs been filled with...
    [​IMG]

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

You are such a knob gobbling fanboi. Think I said that weeks ago, didn't I?

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I can think of very few circumstances where a man would need to use emoticons.. and even then, it's questionable.

I was looking at my old texts to a girl I had a fling with two summers back and I just face palmed at my overwhelming usage of emoticons. I felt so fucking embarrassed for myself hahahaha.

But Piob's married, so I guess he can send his wifey some cute emoticons and leave it at that. Different situation, I guess.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Last I checked I'm pretty damn sure I'm a man. One kind of secure in his manhood and fairly badassed. Someone sends me a text of a great bottle of wine? I'd like to send that person a smile back. (Yes, I get pics of great bottles of wine sent to me almost daily.) As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

God, you iFanatics are fucking fanbois. Sorry Android has emoticons native.

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

A true man.. a true badassed man.. would send a picture of his cawk bulge in response to such pictures of amazing bottles of wine.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Fanboi. The iFraud does not have a wide angled lens. ;)

15. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

My iPhone does not seem to like my home wifi network. Is it me?

It sees it, but when I click to join it, it just says "Unable to join network FANBOI." No options, no explanation, nothing. Old iPhone has no problem connecting, even now. I'm posting this from a laptop running on the same network.

Any ideas?

16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

So you just basically admitted to having a chode for a cawk.. :foo:

17. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

so I don't read this thread for a few days and now you guys are already talking about cawks. geez.

18. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Is that why you were so quick to return?

19. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

wow I completely missed that, I downloaded the emoji app because this girl told me I had to inorder to get the emoticons.

20. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:embar:

Ill show you mine if you show me yours.