iPad

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Augusto86, Jan 27, 2010.

1. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Missed that, but yeah, I agree. 99% of the time, I only have one window completely visible on my screen. When I used Windows, I ran everything maximized (and would do the same on OS X if I actually could, lol). I don't like to waste screen real estate, and I rarely have to look at two windows simultaneously. I guess that makes me a n00b? [​IMG]

2. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Holy shit.
    25 pages on a product most here are saying is a piece of shit.

Imagine the lengths we would've gone to had this been a consensus hit!

3. breakz

breakz Senior member

^ You can run on one computer for 7-8 years? That's pretty crazy, haha. Mine is the same age, I think (did you buy the first one too?), and is just not cutting it anymore, despite the maxed-out RAM and hard disk. Then again, I guess I could probably get by if I didn't have to use Adobe apps, lol.
    Well let me confirm it for you: you could get by if you didn't use Adobe. [​IMG] First-gen Macbook user, upgraded to 2GB RAM, +140GB on the hard disk, and...yes, it still does the job perfectly fine. I'll build a Shuttle media PC before I replace this laptop, and that's justified my $1100 from 2005. I'm actually close to the target demographic for the iPad: I really just browse, manage photos, and write e-mail, leaving the gaming for my PS3. I don't like closed environments, though, so I'll wait for the slate market to grow before diving in.

4. scb

scb Senior member

Agreed, my Macbook is almost 5 years old now. By the time I replace it (2-3 years, hopefully), I can do so with some great, multitasking tablet.

the macbook pros debuted in jan 2006 and non pro macbooks debuted in may, 2006

just saying [​IMG]

5. breakz

breakz Senior member

just saying [​IMG]

You serious? Really?

I had to check my resume (I bought the laptop during an internship) but you're right...it's only been since summer 2006. I'm beyond shocked...

6. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

just saying [​IMG]

Heh, you're right. I bought the very first MacBook (non-Pro), so it's about 3.5 years old now. Will be 4 when I (hopefully) put it to pasture this summer...

7. dusty

dusty Senior member

8. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

If anybody wants to read commentary on the iPad from somebody who actually gets it: http://daringfireball.net/
    *cue someone calling John Gruber a rabid Apple fanboy* Seriously, though, say what you will, but the dude has been at it for years, and consistently nails it on all issues Apple-related. Not saying he's never been wrong, but I challenge you to find someone with a better track record on these things than him. (Example: He was the only one who correctly predicted the success of the iPod mini, when everyone else was calling it under-spec'd and a ripoff at only $50 less than the full-size iPod.)

9. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

Godwin's Law
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

10. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Godwin's Law
    Actually, Godwin's Law is when you make a comparison involving Hitler in the course of an argument. Downfall dubs need not apply [​IMG]

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

If anybody wants to read commentary on the iPad from somebody who actually gets it:

http://daringfireball.net/

I like hearing about how fast it is. I'm anxious to give it a try, but will likely wait a year or so before making a purchase.

12. jrmy0641

jrmy0641 Member

I like hearing about how fast it is. I'm anxious to give it a try, but will likely wait a year or so before making a purchase.
    i hope it's fast; only being able to run one program at a time [​IMG]

13. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Jumbie

Jumbie Senior member

^ that was truly dumb and not even remotely funny.

15. dusty

dusty Senior member

Painfully unfunny. If you're going to make fun of Apple fanboys these days you really need to have a fresh take on it.