iPad 3

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Jr Mouse, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

First, I didn't even know there was an Android tablet with 4G. Second, and this sort of gives credence to my first point, is that when the iP3 drops, it will smack the networks with a ton of new customers, so much so that I suspect will see new data charges. Similar to the shit they pulled with the dropping of unlimited data when the iP2 came out.

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

There are several Android tablets with LTE, I believe...

I'm thinking they will keep the prices the same since you typically buy these without a contract. Easier for a customer to cut and run if they are not happy with what they pay. We will know soon.

What I would like to see them move away from is charging a $130 upfront for the radio. That always struck me as a hefty premium and I wouldn't be surprised if the actual costs to Apple are far lower.

EDIT: A single iPad model with a chipset in it capable of Wi-Fi, 3G AND LTE across all networks would be killer. Similar to the chip they use in the iPhone 4S, but with 4G added. No longer make the customer choose at purchase.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  3. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

Can you cancel 3g/4g anytime? I assume you can since there is no contract. So that makes getting a 3g/4g tempting in the event I go on a trip and do not want to deal with finding wi-fi access. I currently have the original iPad and my wife has the iPad 2 and both are wi-fi models.

iPad 2 is on sale now everywhere. Not sure what you think is cheap but I have seen them $50-$100 off at various places around town. You may get them cheaper off of ebay but still a good deal for a brand new iPad.

4. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

Saw this last night. This would be awesome. Warning: watching this will almost assuredly ruin the actual release announcement and lead to total disappointment once you see the iPad's real features..

5. Jr Mouse

No contract so you can cancel at anytime.

6. javyn

javyn Senior member

Yeah, I already have an iPhone 4, a sweet 15.6" core-i5 lappy maxed out on RAM at 8 gigs.... the only thing I want an iPad2 for is full screen PDF reading. 200 dollars is my price on that. If it's higher then I'll just wait.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Refurbs should be at the $250 range hopefully and you still get the one year warranty.

8. Jr Mouse

9. Jr Mouse

Also, I always enjoy hitting the Apple stores early to grab the supply they get. It beats waiting for an online shipment.

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

11. Jr Mouse

Depends on how long the online wait is. Anything over 3 weeks to a month and I would rather take my chances waiting in a couple lines.

12. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

You guys aren't camping out??? Lame! I am heading to my local apple store now. :fonz:

13. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I never saw the point of camping out just to be first to get a tech item. It's not like a one-off concert or something, where tickets are available for one day only, there will be plenty more of the things. I always wait a month or so with new tech, let Apple or whomever get any bugs or problems sorted out.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I need to replace my original version, badly, but I'll wait a month or so if I have to. I can't suffer standing in line for one.