1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

iPad 3

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Jr Mouse, Feb 28, 2012.

1. javyn

javyn Senior member

Yeah, I already have an iPhone 4, a sweet 15.6" core-i5 lappy maxed out on RAM at 8 gigs.... the only thing I want an iPad2 for is full screen PDF reading. 200 dollars is my price on that. If it's higher then I'll just wait.

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Refurbs should be at the $250 range hopefully and you still get the one year warranty.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  5. Jr Mouse

Also, I always enjoy hitting the Apple stores early to grab the supply they get. It beats waiting for an online shipment.

6. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ thats debatable

7. Jr Mouse

Depends on how long the online wait is. Anything over 3 weeks to a month and I would rather take my chances waiting in a couple lines.

8. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

You guys aren't camping out??? Lame! I am heading to my local apple store now. :fonz:

9. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I never saw the point of camping out just to be first to get a tech item. It's not like a one-off concert or something, where tickets are available for one day only, there will be plenty more of the things. I always wait a month or so with new tech, let Apple or whomever get any bugs or problems sorted out.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I need to replace my original version, badly, but I'll wait a month or so if I have to. I can't suffer standing in line for one.

11. Jr Mouse

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/3/2840897/ipad-3-pricing-lineup-to-stay-the-course

Rumors on pricing and they believe it indicates we won't see a cheaper iPad2 being sold along with the iPad3. I don't buy this. Apple has to know the $499 price point is too high to reach market saturation. They need to hit $399 as a minimum with $299 being ideal. Selling iPad2's at these prices would cause the iPad to reach even more explosive growth.

It's also important to do it now. While the Android platform on tablets (unlike the phones) has largely been a failure in comparison to the iPad, Windows 8 is coming. That's the real danger to tablet dominance that Apple faces. I believe that they know how important it is to strike a fatel blow using pricing before Microsoft launched their tablet initiative.

12. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

Me neither, although the people that do seem to get hooked up-Sponsors, food, 15 minutes of fame. I suppose it is not bad if you have nothing else going on in life.

What's with your original? I too have the original and it still works great. I just want a bump in features.

13. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

I wonder if the iPad 2 will still exhist. They are clearing them out at most stores I have been to. A cheaper iPad makes sense since it is still one of the most expensive iPads on the market.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

really? wth did you do with it?

15. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Saw someone asking whats the point of standing online

I have a buddy that hires 5 - 10 mexicans, then an acquaintance or someone who he trusts to stand on line with this hired help. The trusted person holds the cash to cover the 2 per person limit they usually have, and with this system he makes a couple grand doing basically no work flipping them on ebay/craigslist the next day.

16. Jr Mouse

Your buddy is an asshole.

17. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Sounds like a smart guy.

The people buying the iPads at inflated prices are retarded. He's only supplying demand and profiting from it.

18. Jr Mouse

The guy's an asshole. All these people who buy large amounts of stock to flip at these inflated prices are. It's one of the reasons the prices get so inflated in the first place.

19. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I really doubt that guys like him are buying so many iPads so as to reduce supply in the regular market and raise prices.

These guys probably comprise less than 1% of iPad buyers and honestly, they're just selling them to people who will buy them at these prices.

There is absolutely no reason why someone cannot wait a couple days or weeks to get the iPad at the regular price.

People are just fucking impatient and some guys want to take advantage of that. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.