iPad 3

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Jr Mouse, Feb 28, 2012.

1. WindChill

WindChill Member

I know iPad 3 offers a decent amount of goodies compared to iPad 2 & 1, especially the screen. But my iPad 2 continues to chug along so well, and my real needs (for a tablet) remain so modest, that I'm still having a tough time rationalizing a move up. Especially since I'm already mired in tinkering with notebook/desktop upgrades.

2. blairh

blairh Senior member

I think it's safe to say that every single review that you'll read will go nuts over the screen. When you consider the resolution it's a given that it's astounding. It's the sole reason I'm ditching iPad 1.

As for the embargo, my guess is that it gets lifted close to the release date. Perhaps a day or two if memory serves me right with respect to past reviews.

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Another recurring theme I have noticed in previews from people who where at the unveiling was that the screen is going to change a lot of people, like you, mind on this once they see it. I can't wait witness it in person.

It's not just the resolution. Apple uses the screens in the business. Great color reproduction and viewing angles. It's going to be amazing.

I keep telling people it's the reason I never got an iPad. Once I saw a retina display on my iPhone 4, I couldn't stand looking at the old iPad's screen. It irritated me.

4. blairh

blairh Senior member

A lot of people will also go to the Apple store with intentions to buy the base model iPad 2 at $400 and then they'll see how much better the screen is on the new iPad and they'll pay the extra $100 to get that base model instead. Also current iPad1/2 owners will get their eyes on the new screen and start to think about upgrading even if they weren't planning on it. It's like going from an iPhone 3G/S to an iPhone 4/4S but 10x better.

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

+1

This ipad is going to sell like a motherfucker and apple stock will shoot up like crazy this year.

6. Jr Mouse

For a while now people have been saying there is not tablet market, just an iPad market. I actually have a concern that Apple will dominate this market much like they did with the iPod. Not sure if that will be a good thing in the long term or not.

Android tablets have largely been a bust in comparison. The real threat to the iPad is Window's 8 Metro. Microsoft's reach will allow them to shove that down the throats of a lot of corporations.

7. Jr Mouse

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  8. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

I welcome this!

My smart cover just came in, as of 5 mins ago.

~Kurt

9. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

I now have all the accessories I ordered with mine. Smart cover and AV connector came in last night. Just waiting on the iPad. Last UPS update says it got to Louisville, KY early Saturday morning. No updates since.

10. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Mind will be shipping via FedEx it has future delivery on it... No chance in hell I will get mind early I imagine...

~Kurt

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Yeah. Mine is sitting on a truck in PA just waiting to be unleashed.

Has anyone used the apple camera connection kit? $30 seems steep and I'm sure there are cheaper options but I'm more or less wondering why the reviews on it are so meh. THe functionality seems easy enough so maybe people are just stupid. I'll go with people being stupid.

Anyhow. I ended up ordering that and the keyboard for when I need some long emails. Still undecided on a cover. Might just bareback for a while like my phone.

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Apple stock has shot up like crazy in the last 1-2 months. Consistently up everyday. There is no stopping this beast

13. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Try the past 3 years, I made just as much of the few shares I have with AAPL:US as I did with the hundreds of F:US. Today AAPL is doing pretty good at 561.441.

~Kurt

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

We get that your name is Kurt

15. Jr Mouse

Ordered mine last night. Not going to ship till April 2 and a delivery date of the 5th. :(

As much as I struggled with spending the extra $130, up front, got the 32 gig LTE. It's amazing how quickly these devices start to escalate in price once you do the upgrades. With tax I am out $788.