• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad 2.0

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So rumors are rampant of a release to happen in April. This jives with Apple's usual product development cycle. Also reading rumors of a March release to head off Android tablets making big news with their rollouts.

Anyone down for iPad 2.0? I think we are.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it has a camera, I'm in.

lefty

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
If it has a camera, I'm in.

lefty

Some of the rumors give it two. Lesser mp one forward for video conferencing and rearward with higher mp.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I might get one for my 5 year old, I'd bet the educational apps would justify the cost. I am happy with my Mac Book Air, and don't see any appeal for me.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I might get one for my 5 year old, I'd bet the educational apps would justify the cost. I am happy with my Mac Book Air, and don't see any appeal for me.

The apps are part of what make it attractive, part of what I hate about Apple (as in how all things must flow through them, Jobs the control freak). Reading the memo from Nokia's CEO, he had it correct, that products now exist in ecosystems and Apple currently has a pretty rich one.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
The apps are part of what make it attractive, part of what I hate about Apple (as in how all things must flow through them, Jobs the control freak). Reading the memo from Nokia's CEO, he had it correct, that products now exist in ecosystems and Apple currently has a pretty rich one.

Agreed. Now that Apple has introduced an "Apps Store" for the MacBook, there's even less of a reason for me to get one personally. I like the novelty/gadget factor, but would rather buy a pair of Aldens and spend the $100 or $200 I have left over on apps for my MacBook.

Again though, I am amazed at the educational apps they have for kids, really destroys the market for the LeapFrog and other handhelds, probably relegating them to the world of; you guess it, designing Apps for the iPad..
plain.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure I need a 2.0. Dual cameras would have no use for me. I find the current functions for work do everything that I need.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i need 2.0 to come out so the price drops on the first gen

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Rumors are that the screen resolution isn't going to change so I'll probably hold out for one of the competitors or rev.3. The rear camera is functionally worthless to me so its really just a matter of screen and size. If they can thin it out a bit more, and lighten it up, I might reconsider. 1.5lbs is just too heavy.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Not sure I need a 2.0. Dual cameras would have no use for me. I find the current functions for work do everything that I need.

So you currently have a 1.0? Are you finding it useful? What is it like to type on that virtual keypad?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Rumors are that the screen resolution isn't going to change so I'll probably hold out for one of the competitors or rev.3.

I've heard pretty solid rumors that iPad 3 will see the light of day in calendar 2011.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I've heard pretty solid rumors that iPad 3 will see the light of day in calendar 2011.

Really? Man, I have no idea how Apple doesn't get backlash on it's product dev. cycle. I might hold off on the 2.0 then, particularly if they haven't upp'ed the screen rez.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
So have I. Probably wouldn't be towards the end of the year though.
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Really? Man, I have no idea how Apple doesn't get backlash on it's product dev. cycle. I might hold off on the 2.0 then, particularly if they haven't upp'ed the screen rez.
They're getting hit from all sides at the moment and the rev.1 is getting long in the tooth. So, they pop out a "refresh" - similar to how they update the laptops with new processors but don't actually change the design elements - just to placate the masses. Then, once the fervor has died down, they pop out the rev.3 with all the bells and whistles. Now normally this would happen over two years (rev. 2 this year and rev.3 next year) but with the tablet market on fire at the moment, Apple's a little worried about losing their place on the top of the heap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads