• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad 2.0

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between this or the HP Touchpad.

How restrictive are flash websites though? I mean how many website out there doesn't let you open? Also, I watch some streaming videos, mostly sports and I noticed that I can't play it in my iphone, is it mainly due to flash or do I just need a player app to play em?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I am trying to decide between this or the HP Touchpad. How restrictive are flash websites though? I mean how many website out there doesn't let you open?
It seems to be mainly luxury products sites which wont open at all without Flash, e.g. Rolex, Kiton, Brioni, Armani, LV. Often these sites assume one has gigabits of bandwidth as well. So even if one has Flash, they'll often take an eternity just to load the front splash page.
Originally Posted by RFX45
Also, I watch some streaming videos, mostly sports and I noticed that I can't play it in my iphone, is it mainly due to flash or do I just need a player app to play em?
Sometimes there are specific apps for particular sites which allows you to play their videos on iOS devices, e.g. the Youtube app which comes with iOS.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mostly watch ESPN or NBA games on websites like http://atdhe.ws/ and I'm not exactly sure what player app to use. At this point, it looks like the Touchpad might be a better choice.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Whats the best note-taking app on ipad 2?

I have a stylus and I downloaded Notesplus.

Wanted to hear opinions on users who have used it longer?

Thanks,

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have visited a few of the regular Appreciation sites on my iPhone and they take you to a special version of the site. Problem is the video selection is limited and they keep trying to get you to pay for a subscription.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
LIES. you can see pron on teh paddah

does pinklab work? Their system already seems perfect for a touch screen interface

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
I have visited a few of the regular Appreciation sites on my iPhone and they take you to a special version of the site. Problem is the video selection is limited and they keep trying to get you to pay for a subscription.

I'm sorry, but the iPhone screen is far too small to enjoy it, the pron.

Jsoftz

Reaction score
Just picked a 16gb in black, wi-fi only. Won a 360 kinect at work for a sales contest, didn't want and exchanged for iPad 2 and paid difference.

Loving it so far- only real problem is I bought Plex to stream my movies on my desktop that I've torrented, and didn't account for the transcoding lag which essentially makes it unusable for that purpose. I had this fantasy that'd I'd download, say, season 4 of Venture Bros. on my desktop and stream it onto my iPad and watch where I was comfortable... But to no avail.

I think I'm gonna ask IT to provision me a VMware View VM so I can access my Win7 work desktop anywhere - anyone tried that out?

JAS

Reaction score
I bought a 64gb from the online Apple store, arrived in a couple of weeks. Love it so far.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
No Flash = No Pron :-(
Originally Posted by Rambo
What pron sites don't use Flash?
Originally Posted by JMRouse
xvideo.com. problems solved. On another note, what case can you guys recommend? Right now I'm just using the magnetic cover along with a sleeve. And download the Atomic Web browser, its awesome!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads