iPad 2.0

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Piobaire, Feb 14, 2011.

1. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

This thing rules.

-sent from my iPad 2 [​IMG]

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

was at the mall randomly today and saw a line that must've had 300 people in it, hilarious

3. Raralith

Raralith Senior member

was at the mall randomly today and saw a line that must've had 300 people in it, hilarious

The line I was in was well over 300 since it was almost wrong around a square block in the Pasadena Apple Store. People were allowed to buy 3 per person, many of which looked like they did, and they ran out of vouchers to buy an around 6PM. I guess I'll go back tomorrow morning at 8AM and try one last time. Congrats to all of those that got them! [​IMG]

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Went to another mall at 8:45, walked right in, and got a black 16gb wifi as a gift for the person I take care of. The children of the corn informed me that there were 250 waiting when the store opened.

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    The children of the corn informed me that there were 250 waiting when the store opened.

[​IMG]

6. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Half tempted. I sold my ipad 1 a few weeks ago to fund my MacBook Air, and got a Dell Streak to replace my Sony Satio (great camera but average phone/ smartphone). The Dell also manages to replace most of the ipad functions too eg ebook reader, pdf reader, web browser, squeezebox remote (and config). Plants vs Zombies isn't quite the same though [​IMG] Oh, and no Airvideo, which was an excellent streamer.

7. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

This thing rules.

-sent from my iPad 2 [​IMG]

Went to another mall at 8:45, walked right in, and got a black 16gb wifi as a gift for the person I take care of. The children of the corn informed me that there were 250 waiting when the store opened.

Congratulations!

8. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

When I purchased the iPad 1, there was no line. It was just a reserve thing and I just went in, told them I had one reserved. I think having a line is an advertisement in itself.

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Is Verizon an option on the Ipad 2? If so, I may replace mine. I'm frustrated with At&t.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Is Verizon an option on the Ipad 2? If so, I may replace mine. I'm frustrated with At&t.
    Yep. Before I piped up about the wifi only option the child of the corn informed me that all he had left in 3G was Verizon.

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yep. Before I piped up about the wifi only option the child of the corn informed me that all he had left in 3G was Verizon.
    This may be a reason for me to upgrade. I need to give this some thought.

12. ntn1779

ntn1779 Senior member

wondering if i should get the macbook air or the ipad 2.. or both..

13. dr.no

dr.no Senior member

Has anyone been able to find one in a B&M store today, Saturday?

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

wondering if i should get the macbook air or the ipad 2.. or both..

Depends on what you want out of it... my gf got me an ipad, but i've looked into a macbook air too. My thoughts:
    Ipad = web-browsing/entertainment mostly, not full functional pc, mostly for basic daily needs.
    macbook air = a full functional pc, you can use it for school/work/software engineering. I looked into it and its powerful enough to run anything a software engineer needs (i'm in school for this).

I prefer a macbook pro for my needs and I currently have 2 MacBook Pros (one is from work). If you get the mac air get the most powerful one you can afford so it will be as obsolete proof as possible. pm if you have anymore questions...

PS: i am not a fanboy, i prefer mac but have no problems w/pc...

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Was playing around with the Rev.2 and helping get it setup. I have to admit its fucking cool. Really light too especially compared to the original.