iOS 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by embowafa, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    True, but if everyone in your circle of friends owns an iPhone, you could severely cut back on your text message plan.

I have unlimited texts for $5/month.
    What am I going to cut to? $3.00?

2. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Exactly. They're proper fucked now.
    Unfortunately, RIM will continue to survive for as long as corporations insist on using BBs instead of other smartphones. And we all know how shitty and slow IT departments are at upgrading anything.

I should feel somewhat bad because RIM is one of the few great Canadian companies left but for the past five years at least they've demonstrated nothing but gross incompetence and complacency, so screw 'em.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

True, but if everyone in your circle of friends owns an iPhone, you could severely cut back on your text message plan.

In other countries, and I mean 3rd world countries texting is free. And by free I mean even if you have a prepaid phone, and you have used up all your minutes, so the company isn't charging you anything, you can still send all the SMS you want.

Unfortunately, RIM will continue to survive for as long as corporations insist on using BBs instead of other smartphones. And we all know how shitty and slow IT departments are at upgrading anything.

QFT.

4. holymadness

5. gort

gort Senior member

I have unlimited texts for $5/month.
    What am I going to cut to? $3.00?

AT&T unlimited text is $20/month.

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Hands-on of the new features: http://www.engadget.com/wwdc-2011/ap...ds-on-preview/
    Cool, thanks. Edit: I no like the split keyboard on the iPad, I no like at all. I'm wondering: if you download Lion on your computer, since it's the only way you can get it, and your computer goes to shit, how can you rest the computer without a physical disk? [​IMG] Even the Apple stores use physical disks when things are so damaged with the HD that the computer won't recognizing data from an external USB drive.

7. holymadness

You have to go to the genius bar, just like you have to mail them your hardware to replace the battery or hard drive. You can't be trusted to do anything yourself.

BTW I can't believe they didn't update iBooks. That is literally the shittiest app on the planet for organizing and browsing your reading library. No way in hell I am going to be tempted to abandon my computer for the cloud if that's what's on offer.

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

You have to go to the genius bar, just like you have to mail them your hardware to replace the battery or hard drive. You can't be trusted to do anything yourself.

Obviously.

Apple: "it just works"... until it doesn't.

9. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Jobs looked sickly during the keynote. I hope all is well. It's been amazing how far Apple has taken portable computing in 4 years. Android was basically a BB OS clone in January 2007.

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I have unlimited texts for $5/month. What am I going to cut to? $3.00?
    What the hell carrier has unlimited texts for $5 a month?
    AT&T unlimited text is $20/month.
    This is more like it. You could downgrade from the $20 to the $10 plan if you knew enough iPhone people.
    You have to go to the genius bar, just like you have to mail them your hardware to replace the battery or hard drive. You can't be trusted to do anything yourself. BTW I can't believe they didn't update iBooks. That is literally the shittiest app on the planet for organizing and browsing your reading library. No way in hell I am going to be tempted to abandon my computer for the cloud if that's what's on offer.
    I suspect that will be coming in September with the iPhone refresh.
    Jobs looked sickly during the keynote. I hope all is well. It's been amazing how far Apple has taken portable computing in 4 years. Android was basically a BB OS clone in January 2007.
    When hasn't Jobs looked sickly?

11. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

I should feel somewhat bad because RIM is one of the few great Canadian companies left but for the past five years at least they've demonstrated nothing but gross incompetence and complacency, so screw 'em.

+1 with bold. my company is still using XP... we have to force load XP on all our new computers

why did apple decide to do a split keyboard on the ipad? it's not that hard to type on...

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

definitely excited about ios5 but also excited about Lion

13. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

why did apple decide to do a split keyboard on the ipad? it's not that hard to type on...
    Ergonomics...For when you're holding it, it makes two thumb typing much easier. You've still got the original keyboard if needed.

14. xchen

xchen Senior member

My fiance paid $100.00 to renew MobileMe 3 or 4 days ago... Now they've made it free thru June 30, 2012. Any chance we can get our money back?

[​IMG]

15. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i imagine this probably happened to a lot of people and you'll end up getting a credit of some sort