• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inviting designers

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TO continue from the other topic...

I think perhaps it'd be best to aim somewhat low, for starters. I doubt many of these people have the time or inclination to wind their way through registration and the board interface, only to encounter marc39-esque attacks.

Norcal's suggestion of Target/Wal-Mart buyers/designers is a good one. I've always wondered if those guys have a passion for what they do, or if they simply copy the upper-end stores, who are copying what's happening in Italy.

So who do we e-mail? Is there an industry directory somewhere?

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So...anyone have some designer's email addresses in their address book?
See, there's the stumbling block, and it's a pretty big one. That said, it's gotta happen eventually. Over 700 members and growing - six degrees of separation and all that. And already, we have a few members of some repute - Alex Kabbaz, Chuck Franke - although none that average Joe on the street would recognize.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So...anyone have some designer's email addresses in their address book?
See, there's the stumbling block, and it's a pretty big one. That said, it's gotta happen eventually. Over 700 members and growing - six degrees of separation and all that. And already, we have a few members of some repute - Alex Kabbaz, Chuck Franke - although none that average Joe on the street would recognize.
What about Marc Grayson? There was a thread on Andy's forum about a possible sighting. There was a lot of hype about that, and the real drama was in the fact that he could be Asian.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think we should invite Olga Berluti or Massimo Bizzochi(sp). Seemingly they both have a ready contact at their respectable websites.

Or perhaps a buyer from a high end dept. store like Maxfield, Saks, and etc.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And already, we have a few members of some repute - Alex Kabbaz, Chuck Franke...
Who is Chuck Franke... is he that Kalra dude everyone is talking about in General?

It was cool that Kabbazz used to post here. Too bad that douche Marc69 f-ed it up for the rest of us. ShirtMaven is a good poster that's in the industry as well.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And already, we have a few members of some repute - Alex Kabbaz, Chuck Franke...
Who is Chuck Franke... is he that Kalra dude everyone is talking about in General? Â It was cool that Kabbazz used to post here. Too bad that douche Marc69 f-ed it up for the rest of us. ShirtMaven is a good poster that's in the industry as well.
I think it's Chuck from Sartorial Solutions. I forget what his posting ID on this forum is.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's Chuck from Sartorial Solutions.  I forget what his posting ID on this forum is.
It's 'Carlo' over here.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is he that Kalra dude everyone is talking about in General?
Thanks for pointing this one out. Ah, forums drama, it's both completely pointless and completely hilarious. I love it when a gimmick poster is found out.

EDIT: Or not, as the case may be.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is it true that Alex Kabbaz doesn't post here anymore because of Marc? Marc's gone, Alex, come back.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it true that Alex Kabbaz doesn't post here anymore because of Marc? Marc's gone, Alex, come back.
Yes, Mr. Kabbaz, we'd all like to hear from you again...

Just out of curiosity, J, how many gimmick accounts did Marc have? I'm curious to know which of the posters that agreed with him were simply Marc in another guise.

A strange guy, he is. Can go weeks being quite reasonable, then turns into an unrelenting hate machine. Interesting.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think he had any 'supporting actor' accounts, or if he did, he stopped using them all at once.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads