• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Investing 10k GBP aggressively

Dw3610wm

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am a music college student who is approaching his last year in college, I will be doing some concerts and have had my tuition, living expenses accommodation paid off for this year and the next; therefore I want to invest all of the money I make between now and November, very aggressively. There are some great financial minds on SF I have heard (and read) about so I thought it would be beneficial to ask you guys for advice on what I may be able to do with this small but potentially lucrative sum!! cheers guys - I can afford to lose this (although would not be terribly pleased).

tj100

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dw3610wm
I can afford to lose this (although would not be terribly pleased).

My (unfortunately personal) experience is that if you go in with the mentality that you can "afford" to lose it, then that is exactly what will happen.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nigerian Lotto Options FTW

226.jpg

austinite

Reaction score
Music major and "can afford to lose 10k GPB" don't add up to me.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put it all on black. Might as well.

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Markets are pretty grim atm, though I just bought ARM with a look to cash out in 8-16 months' time (before Intel get up in their grill).

In terms of other British companies, you could look to short BP or Lloyds if you're brave.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads