• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Invertere Of Newton Abbott

2the9s

Reaction score
I have two Invertere originals circa 1957-60. I sold Invertere in my store at Va.Beach,VA, Alexander-Beegle and at Jordan,Ltd. in Lynchburg,VA. I discovered Invertere in Paul Stuarts in NYC. I am certain that I was one of the first to retail them in the USA.Two brothers were principals in the firm. One traveled the west coast selling & his brother whom I knew quite well,personally,Geoffrey Sawtell, traveled the east coast. Invertere was,arguably, the finest quality product that I have ever sold. Today,
I have past customers telling me how much they loved (and were still wearing) an Invertere garment.Geof told me that "Invertere" means reversible in French. Not all were reversible. One of the Buffers that I have is tan "West of England" woolen flannel reversing to brown corduroy; it is a bit worn since I have had it & worn it (sparingly) for 50 years ! The other is a brown/blue/tan Harris Tweed reversing to tan cotton twill.This has virtually no wear at all; why ? Because in the late seventies Invertere was purchased by DAKS of England,or whomever owned Daks at that time and they started making them smaller & not true to size. I wore a 40R in the original and though this one is marked 40R it is closer to a 38R. Anyone want to buy it ? Remember in 1977-79 it sold for about $150.00. Any offers over $300.00, I will consider, but I do not really care whether I sell it or not. Sure am glad I ran across this forum where great men's products of the past are discussed and found.

Peter Bennedsen

Reaction score
I am looking for a couple of yellow Invertere duffle coats with green silk lining. The one I have was purchased around 1980 but is now too worn.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More appropriate places for what is nothing more than advertisement,

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.