• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks awesome, @zissou, nice pickup. Ever since Inverallan stiffed me out of my 3A and $ from that special order you graciously put together many years back, I never picked up a replacement since they left a sour taste in my mouth, but maybe that will change someday. Is there any chance you could post measurements from the size 40 you picked up and share any size 42 measurements you may have gotten from Clutch in your email exchanges so I can gauge sizing? I'm generally a medium across the board in brands, assuming I would be a 40, possibly a 42 for more slouchy fit, not sure.
FWIW it was Mandon Store (now out of business) that stiffed you. That group buy was so frustrating because it was a ton of work and brought the shop a fair amount of business. And then, they somehow couldn't deliver or refund the last 2-3 knits. Put me off managing group buys forever.

I'm 6'2", 165lbs and wear either 40 or 42. Honestly, the measurements vary so much that I can wear either size and they fit about the same. I would ask for measurements of an individual piece to be sure. I think I even have a 42 that fits smaller than one of my 40s. The one thing you really have to watch out for is that the arms usually run just a little short. Here are the measurements from the cotton 1A from Clutch Cafe:
Size 40
Chest:22"
Back Length (from To of Collar) 28"
Sleeve Length (from Collar) 28"
Sleeve Length (from Armpit)19"

size 42
Chest:24.5"
Back Length (from To of Collar) 29"
Sleeve Length (from Collar) 29"
Sleeve Length (from Armpit)19"

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea if they deduct VAT and how much is shipping to the US?

Bingham

Reaction score
if anyone is looking to unload a 6A in a size 40 (or possibly 42), I'm your guy! I am parting with a 3A that is just a touch smaller than I'd like but need to get something from Inverallan back in my rotation!

tallyho

Reaction score
After 80+ pages, I have a small questions:
On inverallan's website, yarn type can be Jamieson Soft Spun or 100% Rennies Shetland, etc. Can it compare to Donegal? Then, their mail order still available? It would be great if someone can help!

dragonist2

Reaction score
I am selling a Black 6A in size 42 from END that is like new. I bought it recently from Bingham, but it is unfortunately too big on me. I think I need a 40 or 38 :(

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea if they deduct VAT and how much is shipping to the US?

They do deduct VAT. Shipping depends on the weight of the sweater and the method of shipping, For a 1A (actually a 1H), rates were between 25 and 30 pounds.

Bingham

Reaction score
anyone know if End Clothing ever runs sales on their Inverallan stuff? Was hoping to pick up a 1A.

TS2404

Reaction score
I picked up my 6A (?) on sale from End a few years ago.

Same. My 6A was purchased on sale at this time of year in 2017.

You might have more luck with sitewide % off (singles day, Black Friday etc) rather than end of season sales on select items.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads